Black to bright red

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gypsylee

Reaction score
Can anyone give me a bit of advise please, recently tried to take black hair to bright red . the black just wouldnt lift out so she up with dark red but it went much lighter at the roots, not pleased with the result at all, how can i repair it without damaging the hair too much. she still wants to be bright red, but i think she would be better staying dark ? she is about a 5 at the moment ??

Tint doesn't lift tint.
If the hair is black , nothing will work except bleaching it out or a colour stripper.

I've had lots of clients ask,
"Can I put Red on my hair?" when their hair is black.
My reply is : "It will look like someone has smashed an axe into your scalp" and it's true. :lol:

You'll have to get the black out to be able to get it to a lv5

Thanks :)) will be getting her in and going over the roots and getting back to black . Not prepared to lift it again . In future I will just refuse this service :-( thanks for your help :))

Hi :)

I have also had many clients wanting to go from a black to a red, all I done is a colour correction using bleach bath....I would do a strand test first then go ahead with it if it's ok but hope this is any help!

I've recently had a client with black hair (home dyed for 18months) bleach bathed it, lifted straight out to an orangey colour then used 6-888 Schwarzkopf & 20vol and achieved a gorgeous bright red. It's do-able so I wouldn't cancel the service out all together. Just ensure you do strand tests first! X

Latest posts

Back