Bleach Bath to 7/07

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lauren21

Reaction score
Hi My client has faded permanent red ( prob around 7/34 ) on her hair with 1/4 inch regrowth of a level 7. She is looking quite orange after being away on her hols. I am wanting to achieve 7/07 all over so I am going to bleach bath the tone out but a bit unsure as to what to apply over the top. Wella advised c/ touch 7/17 which doesn,t exist!! Was wondering whether to use Koleston 7/17 with 6%. Also what to use on her natural roots. Maybe just 7/0. Any advice would be great. Thanks in advance:lol:

I would probably bleach bath most of the red out, leaving some gold, then apply 7/17 on the mid lengths and ends. If the bleach bath leaves the hair really porous, I would want to apply 8/17 as the porous hair may go too dark. However, Koleston do not have 8/17, so I would mix 9/17 with 7/17 in a 1:1 ratio to make my own 8/17

:cool:
x

sorry, as for the roots, I would leave them, as they should hopefully match up the ends. But should the ends be too gold, I would re-tint the ends with either 7/1 or 8/1 depending on the results and porosity.

Thanks Lamaur Man for your reply. Always a bit nervous with the bleach baths. Would you apply to dry hair, get desired lift then rinse , dry and apply Koleston with 6% ?

You only need 3% (10vol) as you are not requiring any lift, deposit only.

You only need 3% (10vol) as you are not requiring any lift, deposit only.

I did question this with Wella and they don,t advise 3% with Koleston only 6%. But thinking the same as you and also would be kinder to the hair. Do you use 3% very often ?

Well I don't use wella but I thought that would be best, probs better off asking someone who uses wella. I'm a Redken guy.
Craig

Thanks Lamaur Man for your reply. Always a bit nervous with the bleach baths. Would you apply to dry hair, get desired lift then rinse , dry and apply Koleston with 6% ?

Sorry for late reply, been away for a few days.

You can apply bleach baths to dry hair, especially if you want to strip out alot of colour. If you only want to remove a slight tone, you can shampoo the hair with a deep clean shampoo to remove any product, then towel dry thoroughly, then apply your bleach bath. Most people have their own way of bleach bathing.

When you have achieved your desired result, you can then rinse out the bleach bath, check the porosity/condition, then dry the hair under a hood dryer if you have one, then apply your chosen tint.

Thanks for your reply Lamaur Man:D

Well I did the bleach bath, left up to 30 mins and it basically lifted the orangey tone out to a gold. I then applied 1/4 8/0 with 3/4 8/1. Result was good but feeling I still want to tone some of the warmth.:) Any suggestions as what toner I could apply over the top. Thanks in advance:)

Latest posts

Back