Bleach or tint??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

snaz

Reaction score
Have a client who has short hair, virgin base 9 in back 10 round hair line. looks as her own hair has cool tones.

She wants it White blonde would I beable to achieve this with 12/0 or would I be better just doing bleach with 6% or would 3% be better. Tone afterwards.

My heads saying bleach with 6%. Then toner... 10/8 or 10/16 but all depends what result is when bleach..

I think you'll have a cleaner look with bleach and then toning with a 10/81

Thanks for reply, I was thinking that.

Didn't really want to try the colour and if it did not lift enough have to go over with Bleach...

Tint, no point lifting the hair way past a 9 then bringing it back, doesn't make sense just a tint with violet in to contract the yellow.

Personally, I'd do a gentle bleach first and then tone. It'll be a cleaner look, as katie says, and there's still a yellow undertone to a 9/10 be it a pale one. Just my opinion. Good luck with whatever you decide and hope your colour comes out good

Tint, no point lifting the hair way past a 9 then bringing it back, doesn't make sense just a tint with violet in to contract the yellow.

This is personally what I would do too I've used highlift on base 9 before and came out lovley not yellowy at all :)

Steffimc & bluerinse Would I achieve the White blonde using highlift with violet in it? She wants it this colour!

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1322561414.902740.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1322561414.902740.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 405
Personally yes, your lowest is a 9 so that colour is very achievable :)

Also again I'd second that because it's light to begin with :)

So if I tried it and i didn't achieve would you just bleach bath to try and lift it that bit more?

Sorry for all these questions.. Im just going back into hair, mobile..

Think I will do level3 next September hopefully this will gain me confidence and knowledge...

I love this site, great knowledge from experienced stylist...

yes u can achieve this with a highlift and tone as the base is so light, BUT if there is an underlying warm tone that u cant shift, then gentle bleach bath with 3% is plenty! x
So if I tried it and i didn't achieve would you just bleach bath to try and lift it that bit more?

Sorry for all these questions.. Im just going back into hair, mobile..

Think I will do level3 next September hopefully this will gain me confidence and knowledge...

I love this site, great knowledge from experienced stylist...

You will get fab results using hi lift on base 9/10. Thats what hi lift is for. No need for bleach xx

Cheers everyone. Tint it is.. She def hasn't said she's having it don't yet. I told her it would be 45 for full head col on short hair, c/b, and toner Inc..
Don't think she liked my price.... Cause she didn't say nothing..

Really? That's cheap for all that work and product hun x

Blue is right thats very cheap, im a student still and I charge 45 for a t section foils and a c/b dry, dont undersell yourself ;)

Sent from my E15i using SalonGeek

I think that I will have to look at my prices again!!!
When I've converted my garage I will do a set price...

If you don't mind me asking how much extra do you charge for applying a toner??

I have the prices worked out for nails, but only just going back into hair so don't know what to charged, I will have to phone round local salons..
I'll get there one day lol...

Cheers everyone. Tint it is.. She def hasn't said she's having it don't yet. I told her it would be 45 for full head col on short hair, c/b, and toner Inc..
Don't think she liked my price.... Cause she didn't say nothing..

That's what I charge too

I think that I will have to look at my prices again!!!
When I've converted my garage I will do a set price...

If you don't mind me asking how much extra do you charge for applying a toner??

I have the prices worked out for nails, but only just going back into hair so don't know what to charged, I will have to phone round local salons..
I'll get there one day lol...

I charge £6 for toner, but if its something like colour fresh where im not using developer too I charge 4.50 x

Sent from my E15i using SalonGeek

Well I went for tint, big mistake!! This did not lift White enough!!!
I got a nice natural blonde, not a White platinum blonde!

I dried and applied bleach with 3% and left for 20 mins and it turned out great.

What did you use?

Latest posts

Back