Bleach & Tone Advice.

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AppleCharlee

Reaction score
Hi all,

I am looking for some advice regarding my recently bleached hair.

I believe I may have foolishly over-cooked my roots?

I was striving for a level 12 Platinum. I have completed two Bleach-outs which have left my virgin roots almost White, (my bad). I am a Virgin Level 6 Neutral Light Brown but I did have remaining artificial colour through my lengths and ends, (say a level 7 warm dark Blonde?)

I have used Welloxon 20Vol & Blondor Creme but due to my inexperience there are patchy areas that need spot treated. My mum helped and did her best (bless her) but she's not accustomed to applying Bleach with a Tint Brush and Bowl setup.

I want to attempt a third Bleach-out but I'm conscious of overlapping. Some of my lengths and ends are at that perfect pale Yellow/White stage but my hair in other areas is still pulling a little Brass (my DURP is mainly Yellow/Gold).

I thought it may be a good idea to try using foils on the areas that are slightly mottled to even out my base pre-toning. My hair is in relatively good condition considering and I don't believe it to be overly porous? I have very fine poker straight hair that is just below my collarbone. I'd ideally like to lift my lengths & ends another level or two, but I just don't know which way is best? Should I use 30Vol & Blondor 1:1 or 20Vol?

My main concern is getting my roots to match my lengths and ends. I was planning to tone using Wella Koleston 10/16 but I'm worried that because my roots are almost White it may look Silver/Grey. I also have Wella KP in 10/38 would this be a better choice? Or if the 10/38 is too warm for my liking can I use it to tone mainly the root area then use the 10/16 on the lengths and ends? If so how would I accomplish this? I'm really sorry about all the questions it's just that I suffer from Tonsurephobia and Agoraphobia therefore I cannot visit a Hairstylist. I am therefore on a quest to educate myself as much as possible. I hope someone can help? Any advice or suggestion would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Kindest Regards

Charlotte

You are risking hair loss, burns and serious hair damage attempting this on yourself. No hair pro would attempt to bleach their own hair. Could you not get a mobile hairdresser round to do this for you?
Can I also remind you that it would be against site rules for us hair pro's to give advice to a non hair pro.
I hope you can get it sorted x

You are risking hair loss, burns and serious hair damage attempting this on yourself. No hair pro would attempt to bleach their own hair. Could you not get a mobile hairdresser round to do this for you?
Can I also remind you that it would be against site rules for us hair pro's to give advice to a non hair pro.
I hope you can get it sorted x

I appreciate and understand. I was unaware when I joined this site that advice could/would not be shared amongst non-pro's. Believe me if I could have my hair done professionally I would! Money is not an issue. I am a long-suffering Agoraphobic with an anxiety disorder. The last time I had a mobile stylist I took a major panic attack and now I'm scared that I may panic halfway through getting my hair done and embarrass myself (or worse be left with an unfinished cut!) :0/

Anyway thank you for your reply. It is much appreciated.

Kindest Regards

Charlotte

Latest posts

Back