blending help!!!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

theyoungone

Reaction score
please heip i'm trying to practice gel on a friend and anm having a few problems blending the tip she has quite short nail beds and short free edge she cuts them right down. my tip has a large well on them and have cut them down but the tip still seems to look k=like it is taking over half of her nail help she's got her 21st party on wednesday and wants her nails to look good!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad:

You can't do much more than take the well down to just enough to stick on her natural nail and blend. If you blend it well, they should look fine. x

she had some nails done at our local nss and her nail beds are a bit red and don't want to make them worse do is there anything i can do or should i just leave them till there better?

theyoungone said:
she had some nails done at our local nss and her nail beds are a bit red and don't want to make them worse do is there anything i can do or should i just leave them till there better?
I think what you mean is that you're worried that the blending will hurt her as her nail beds are so sore right? If she isn't a nail biter, then I'd apply a white tip so that you don't have to blend. If she is a nail biter, then thin out the well before you apply it. This isn't a perfect solution but I wouldn't risk doing anymore damage to her nails.

Kimmi Rocks said:
I think what you mean is that you're worried that the blending will hurt her as her nail beds are so sore right? If she isn't a nail biter, then I'd apply a white tip so that you don't have to blend. If she is a nail biter, then thin out the well before you apply it. This isn't a perfect solution but I wouldn't risk doing anymore damage to her nails.

very good point kimmi.

Just checked your profile theyoungone, when does your course start?

hiya babe, when i blend, i dont always file on the actual tip, i simply rub (& rub & rub!) the seam/join with acetone soaked cotton buds, which does the job nicely. then you could make your white tip using the white powder.
HTH

RuthW said:
hiya babe, when i blend, i dont always file on the actual tip, i simply rub (& rub & rub!) the seam/join with acetone soaked cotton buds, which does the job nicely. then you could make your white tip using the white powder.
HTH

Actually this method of blending (using acetone or tip blenders) is not a recommended method of working.
If you search 'tip blenders' you will see why. It may seem like a quick fix, but actually causes 'un seen' problems for the future and may lead to overexposure of the client to acetone.
Stick to the safe and professional method outlined in the link above.

what bout using clear tips

crazysaz said:
what bout using clear tips
Yep, I curently have a clear tip disguising a torn thumb nail (did it shutting the car boot) I placed the clear tip below the torn bit onto healthy nail then put silver glitter acrylic where you would expect to see a tip ie above the torn bit and then intense pink as usual in zone 2 & 3 looks just like the other nine and just as strong.

geeg said:
Actually this method of blending (using acetone or tip blenders) is not a recommended method of working.
If you search 'tip blenders' you will see why. It may seem like a quick fix, but actually causes 'un seen' problems for the future and may lead to overexposure of the client to acetone.
Stick to the safe and professional method outlined in the link above.
o no.. this is how i was trained! i'll search on that tho. Feel really rubbish now:confused: :sad:

RuthW said:
o no.. this is how i was trained! i'll search on that tho. Feel really rubbish now:confused: :sad:

Dont feel rubbish!!!!!...if that is how you were taught then why should you beg to differ!?
However Gigi is so right.......acetone rubbed on the tip seam is such a totally useless way of blending. Believe me.....I was taught the same way as you were.....except I was fed up of finding my applied tip in a complete mushy mess!!!!! lol!...acetone just seems to serve to melt the tip...sometimes a little more than you would like!!!!! :o
There is no better skill, in my opinion, than learning the art of blending a tip WITHOUT chemical help!
A "melted" tip cant be disguised with product....NO way!......:eek:
Learn the non chemical way babe!....honest....its soooooooo much easier!
xxx

thanx Jacky, i searched on this thread, and i've started practicin! XX

hi, well, been practicin file blending, and i've gotta say, it's neater, possibly quicker (time will tell!), and the end result looks MUCH better than the acetone/tip blender method. And you can do the majority of the blending before you even glue the tip on, flippin 'eck, i wish i'd learned this sooner!:green:

Try taking out as much of the well as possible on a white tip and then just buffing off the shine before you apply L&P.

Hi,
I had the same probs in november..a member of my family..what i did was.

cut out the well on a french tip..this will give you a smile line no need to blend..attached only the very pionted edges of thetip to the natural free edge of the nail with tiny dabs of adhesive each side.

then i custom blended my pink powder with white powder and various glimmer powders from creative..
This will hide the free edge of the natural nail underneath and also any blemishes/bruises etc
It also gave a nice festive sparkle to the nails and also toned down the white of the french tip..the tips were cut very short.
try it on one of your fingers
good luck
jenny

this is a quick rescue for prob nails and they looked fab and lasted 4wks..the growth was hidden..even better.

Latest posts

Back