Blonde hair band

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

teeny1809

Reaction score
hey hairdressers! I have been a blonde for pretty much forever but I am naturally a mousy brown. I am getting so fed up with the brassy colour band I have when my roots come in. I use Koleston 12/16 + 12% and a t bar with pre lighter then tone it down with Koleston 10/16. In so fed up with the colour it goes and I'm scared to go dark incase I don't like it. I don't want to opt to all over bleach. Any suggestions.....?? ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1322161006.661080.jpg

I'm not familiar with koleston numbering but why don't you break up the blonde with some highlights of your natural base tone? This should help when your roots come through that it won't be such a definite band if you have your natural colour taken through to the ends. You could gradually introduce more of your natural base each time you have your hair highlighted and then if you feel it is getting too dark, then it is easy to just apply more blonde (bleach) highlights the next time to lighten it rather than going for an all over colour and not liking it like you said and then trying to get back light from dark!
I hope this makes sense and helps a little!
Xx

Why not apply pastel toner 10/16 or 10/8. Straight on the scalp on the banding rather than trying to camouflage the banding/brassiness. It will neutralise the yellow. May take a couple of goes.

I wouldn't do the t section in a lighter blonde has it makes root area colour stand out more

My hair goes quite the same colour at root area if i dont colour every 4 weeks as it lifts better. Also using same brand peroxide always get a better blonde!!

Thanks Abstyle!! I think that's what I'm going to do. Snaz I already apply my toner using pastel and I use Wella blondor for my foils.

Thanks Abstyle!! I think that's what I'm going to do. Snaz I already apply my toner using pastel and I use Wella blondor for my foils.

Sorry, miss read!!

That's ok teeny :) your welcome .. Hope it works out better for you :) xxx

Latest posts

Back