Pinkish tone to hair

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reide

Still in Training
Reaction score
Hey guys. I did a scalp bleach yesterday. The roots went light then the ends because of the natural hair. Because they were whiter they seem to show a pinkish tone. But I am not sure why. It's very subtle.

Roots were 3gr 9/0 1 pt 9/16 2pt 10/73 (on clean hair)
The roots were on for 3 mins the. I applied the ends

Ends were 1pt 10/0 2pt 9/16 1pt 10/73 (ends were a bit more gold)
They were on for 5 mins meaning the entire toned was on for 8 mins

The photos don't quite pick it up and I don't feel people who aren't trained in hair would notice. But I was just wondering what you think it could be that caused it.

Attachments

• PXL_20230925_235029588.jpg
    PXL_20230925_235029588.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 0
  • PXL_20230926_041638539.jpg
    PXL_20230926_041638539.jpg
    4.1 MB · Views: 0
Hey guys. I did a scalp bleach yesterday. The roots went light then the ends because of the natural hair. Because they were whiter they seem to show a pinkish tone. But I am not sure why. It's very subtle.

Roots were 3gr 9/0 1 pt 9/16 2pt 10/73 (on clean hair)
The roots were on for 3 mins the. I applied the ends

Ends were 1pt 10/0 2pt 9/16 1pt 10/73 (ends were a bit more gold)
They were on for 5 mins meaning the entire toned was on for 8 mins

The photos don't quite pick it up and I don't feel people who aren't trained in hair would notice. But I was just wondering what you think it could be that caused it.
Unfortunately I'm not seeing the pink tone. But if you feel it will be a problem for the client, reduce the amount of 9/16 next time. I find 9/16 is quite strong and obviously does have violet in it..... and the /7 tone also has a small amount of violet in it too. /7 tone is made up of gold, copper and violet.

Unfortunately I'm not seeing the pink tone. But if you feel it will be a problem for the client, reduce the amount of 9/16 next time. I find 9/16 is quite strong and obviously does have violet in it..... and the /7 tone also has a small amount of violet in it too. /7 tone is made up of gold, copper and violet.
idk if this would be any easier to see

but Its so subtle the camera isnt seeming to pick it up. either way thank you. What your saying makes sense

idk if this would be any easier to see

but Its so subtle the camera isnt seeming to pick it up. either way thank you. What your saying makes sense

If it's still an issue for the client now, as a quick fix you could try washing the hair I'm a deep cleansing shampoo. If this isn't quite enough to fix it I would just apply colour touch 10/0. 10/0 is good at evening things out without dramatically changing the tonal quality of the hair.

Latest posts

Back