Blonde to red??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

katie97

Reaction score
im currently blonde and mousey brown (roots) with highlights, want to go red but obviously not wanting to go bright red. id kind of like the cheryl cole red look, so would need to put a brown on my hair first, i heard if you put a wella 6/0 it could go green?

can anyone suggest what to do as the current blonde & re growth is looking so scruffy?

You need to pre pig this first. DONT put "brown" on, its will go khaki!!
If you want a level 6 red, heres what i would do.
Apply matrix SYNC 8CG to pre pig. Shampoo, dry. then apply desired red all over ( I would use So Colour 6R and mix it with a little 6BR so its not tooooooo red) with 3%
If you want it less red, add more 6BR.....
xx

thanks im not familiar with matrix what are the mixing ratios? as i only use wella koleston & colour touch?

i only have just below the shoulder length hair

thanks im not familiar with matrix what are the mixing ratios? as i only use wella koleston & colour touch?

i only have just below the shoulder length hair

Mixing ratio's for matrix are 1:1 but you can use the equivalent in youre chosen brand. Just pre pig with quasi 2 shades lighter than desired depth, with a copper gold tone. then shampoo dry and apply desired colour, using a red with a little base to make sure its not too red
:)
xxx

brill thanks very much for your help!:)

im currently blonde and mousey brown (roots) with highlights, want to go red but obviously not wanting to go bright red. id kind of like the cheryl cole red look, so would need to put a brown on my hair first, i heard if you put a wella 6/0 it could go green?

can anyone suggest what to do as the current blonde & re growth is looking so scruffy?

Are you a hairdresser? :s

Latest posts

Back