Blondie Rae question

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lushtresses

Reaction score
Can you use blondie rae to lift a natural hair tone, or only on dyed hair, and if so, would it lift black hair dye?

No it doesn't do anything to natural colour at all and yeah it does lift black out. Xx

thanks chick :) x

I tried it on black the other day and it didn't budge :( x

I think you can repeat the process a few times if it doesn't work the first time not sure if you can do it straight after, I used it on my neice the once and she had used alot of black box dyes on her hair and it lifted to around a base 6 look like a copper/brown didn't even need to put a colour over the top as she loved the colour blondie Rae had lifted it to. Xx

I think you can repeat the process a few times if it doesn't work the first time not sure if you can do it straight after, I used it on my neice the once and she had used alot of black box dyes on her hair and it lifted to around a base 6 look like a copper/brown didn't even need to put a colour over the top as she loved the colour blondie Rae had lifted it to. Xx

Any advice where I went wrong I left it on an extra 5 minutes to be sure I rinsed for well over the reccomend ed 5 minutes and applied the buffer twice each time for 2-3 minutes rinsing for 5 in between and it didn't even budge at all on the ends x

Any advice where I went wrong I left it on an extra 5 minutes to be sure I rinsed for well over the reccomend ed 5 minutes and applied the buffer twice each time for 2-3 minutes rinsing for 5 in between and it didn't even budge at all on the ends x

What were you lifting?x

i was told that you can put a cap on as well to keep the heat in and it can help
Ive used it twice on black 1st client never moved but she had lots of box colours on it .2nd time i applied it twice lift only to about a base 5 :( .

If there's a lot of build up/dark colour, give it a mild bleach bath before the blondi rae is applied, this way the tint is shattered, and the reducer can work much more efectively :)

If there's a lot of build up/dark colour, give it a mild bleach bath before the blondi rae is applied, this way the tint is shattered, and the reducer can work much more efectively :)

She didn't have a lot of build up she's only had the black applied 3 times and I done it in salon :s :(

She didn't have a lot of build up she's only had the black applied 3 times and I done it in salon :s :(

Yeah i mean either build up or dark, so black in your case... bleach bath with shampoo, 3% and Bleach powder of your choice until you see the black slightly lifting, then rinse, shampoo once with a clarifying shampoo then go in with the blondi rae :)

Yeah i mean either build up or dark, so black in your case... bleach bath with shampoo, 3% and Bleach powder of your choice until you see the black slightly lifting, then rinse, shampoo once with a clarifying shampoo then go in with the blondi rae :)

Thanks perry I'll give it a go :) x

One more thing is it supposed to smell as vile as it does ?

Does it smell like rotten egg? Lol if so, then yes

Yeah it does the nearest thing to it I could think of was really old school hair removal cream x

Latest posts

Back