Bodyart Stencils Question!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MadAboutNails

Reaction score
Hi everyone...

I know some you offer bodyart. I was wondering what you found the best or easiest to use. I've have some stick-on stencils for airbrushing but there are different ones about which are more flexible but you have to hold in place. I'm interested in people's opinions on which is best to go for etc. Thanks....

It is much easier to use stick-on stencils for body art as they get a better crisper finish to the edges and less overspray going on to the area around the design. They do not move so much either when you are trying to spray. Have you tried any yet? I have loads of unused Su-do Body art stencils and if you want to try one out let me know and I can send you one to try.

Mandy

Hi

I have some stick-on stencils already and do like them....especially for colour changes as I can have both hands free! I'm just concerned about re-using them and cleaning them too. I clean the skin beforehand and stick on the stencil but it's the fact that you peal off the stencil and although you clean the next person's skin before re-applying the stencil again....it's always in my mind that the sticky side of the stencil hasn't been sanitised but is this okay as you are sanitising the skin it is about to go on? Do you know what I mean? I clean them at the end of the day but it's so fiddly and I've already damaged some of my designs.I just wondered what everyone else does.

Its a toughie!
sticky stencils can only be used once so you have to stock loads if doing body art gig or get 2 friends in who want the same, hold in place ones require a few airbrushes and powerful compressor.
I use both and have no problems with either but I suspose I do like sticky ones most. You can try puttin them on parchment paper and reusing but is unhygenic IMO!

Latest posts

Back