Bookings whilst busy

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sjaysbeauty

Reaction score
Hi, I'm not moaning, I'm just stressed, I'm very busy at the moment which is fab, but as I'm a lone worker I'm finding it difficult to answer my calls, texts,fb messages, wots app messages,I messages, voice messages, I have a home salon, so employing a receptionist is really not an option, any ideas peeps on how you all handle this, I work late, so doesnt seem right to get back after 9pm.

Hi, I'm not moaning, I'm just stressed, I'm very busy at the moment which is fab, but as I'm a lone worker I'm finding it difficult to answer my calls, texts,fb messages, wots app messages,I messages, voice messages, I have a home salon, so employing a receptionist is really not an option, any ideas peeps on how you all handle this, I work late, so doesnt seem right to get back after 9pm.

How about when your between clients? Have a hour n a half break and get them updated, you might lose a bit of money in that time but in the long run you are earning more :)

How about when your between clients? Have a hour n a half break and get them updated, you might lose a bit of money in that time but in the long run you are earning more :)

Great advice... I would give myself that time to have a break, grab some lunch and reply to your messages.

I only take appointments by text or by phone and all of my regulars know to text me, as I'm usually too busy working to answer the phone.

I have a voice message that states that for bookings and enquiries people must call between 11am and 6pm Mon-Fri. It also states that " unfortunately text and voice messages cannot be replied to due to the volume of calls that we receive." all of my regulars however know that they can text and leave voice messages that will be replied to, I just got so sick of new clients sending a text which read " can I book in for nails please?" to which I would then reply "certainly, what date/time are you aiming for?" they would respond with "whenever," I'd then ask, "ok, can you do Sat at 2pm or next Tues at 6pm?"
The client would then say "I'm can't make either of those, what other times do you have?"
I found that not only was it costing me a lot of time to have a full conversation via text (generally the client would want to know various other things but would send their questions in separate texts), but it was also costing me money. As I work from home the number I use is a mobile number, I find it a little strange that someone would text a person that they haven't ever met for their first appointment.
Maybe you could allocate a certain time throughout your day and put it on your answer machine?
The other downside to using a mobile is that people (who don't know that my salon is home based) tend to call or text as early as 7.20 on a Sunday morning or as late as 11pm on a Fri eve. What salon is open at these times anyway!
The voice message works for me as I don't then feel bad about turning my phone off when I go to bed! They always call back too.
Hope this helps x

Of course I am going to be horrendously biased since I own an online booking/marketing system for salons - but have you considered one?

What I offer is affordable to even individuals working at home and it would allow all of those appointments to be booked straight into your diary. As it happens, I'm testing the system at the moment and am offering free use. If you (or anyone else) is interested, just drop me a PM.

Thanks,

Stefan

Hi, have you thought about a virtual assistant? They can help with the tasks you're talking about but don't need to be onsite. They don't cost a lot either.

Thanks everyone for your replies, Ive taken on board all of your comments, and will try to do this.

Its really hard isnt it? I have someon working on a thursday and fri but rest of time same as you and its pretty stressful but you know what you are busy so you doing really well and if people want an appointment they will ring back as obviously you have a good reputation, its the ones who dont leave messages that do my head in

Latest posts

Back