Books on skin conditions/types

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

the_owl

Reaction score
Hi there,

I'm sure I've seen some recommendations before, but I can't find the thread, sorry!

Basically, I am looking for some resources, particularly books that are quite indepth and give an understanding of different skin conditions, types, possible causes of problems e.g. acne etc.

For example, many of my clients are going through the menopause, and I am keen to find out how this affects the skin and products applied to the skin.

I learned a little on my course, but I'm keen to find out more and if possible get some kind of reference book that I can refer to.

Many thanks,
Lucy

Mine is at work. I'll try and message when I'm back in. Can't for the life of me remember what is called.

Lynne Baker on here who does Swissdermyl gave some recommendations a while back. I must admit I'd like to see them again as my book isn't brilliant!

Vic x

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Thanks Vic :)

It's always good to keep learning :)

Lucy x

Id be really interested in getting some titles too :)

Me too! X

Lynne where are you!

Actually I think Martin Duffy recommended some as well!!!

Vic x

Sent from my GT-I9195 using SalonGeek mobile app

For those on Facebook, I've just joined a group called 'Skin Science' which seems to be quite good for posting relevant and up-to-date articles. I'm sure there are plenty of other FB groups as well.

Lucy x

For those on Facebook, I've just joined a group called 'Skin Science' which seems to be quite good for posting relevant and up-to-date articles. I'm sure there are plenty of other FB groups as well.

Lucy x

Hi Lucy have you got the link? Had a quick look and all I can see seems to be selling products with apples in!

Vic x

Sent from my GT-I9195 using SalonGeek mobile app

Skincare beyond the basics by Mark Lees is excellent.

I just saw this thread, posted by the wonderful Lynne Baker :)

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1424135347.810031.jpg

I just saw this thread, posted by the wonderful Lynne Baker :)

View attachment 82485

Thank you flawless, that was exactly what I was looking for!

I've just ordered the online book from Florence Barrett-Hill and had a quick look through. WOW, I've got a lot to learn :)

x

Latest posts

Back