Boring clients!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

claireamy

Reaction score
I have such boring clients!

I really try to educate and show them they can have different types of nails, shapes, colours, nail art. I wear different thing on my own nails to try and tempt them but they nearly all just stick with Squoval French extensions.

My smile lines are fab because of this but I can't try everything out that I want to. I a;lready change my nails a little too often!

I'm mobile so can't plaster pictures up everywhere to show off my 'range' of nails so.... what do you guys suggest?

How can i get them to broaden their minds and try some new things?:eek:

why not wear some more adventurous designs yourself, once they see them in the flesh they might think a little differently?

When you have new clients, rather than ASK them outright what shape and style they would like in the consultation, why not RECOMMEND one instead...

Something like "Oh you have lovely, long nailbeds, I think this style would really suit you..." If you are recommending what you genuinely feel suits them they will probably respect your knowledge and give it a whirl, plus you could mention that when you have different styles and shapes each month yourself that they can always try something new if they fancied any of it.

With existing customers, especially the fashion conscious ones, why not talk about what nails shapes and styles are going to be "in" next season and say how much that style would suit them if they wanted to be a trend setter! Or refer to an article in Scratch about that, they will prob want to be ahead of their mates and might give it a a go.

Good luck!!

Funny old game this is! I've got the total opposite. My clients are soo adverturous and always want bold colours with nail art which petrifies me! I want to perfect my french smile lines, lol! Maybe we can swap clients for a year or so, lol!

As was said before, recommend treatments. I had a lady who always wanted french. In the summer I converted her to a colour gel, a nice subtle colour, like a skin colour, and she's never looked back since!

Yeah, think you can recommend stuff to them, go for it! XX

i've got a couple of ideas for ya'.

first, i would suggest a portfolio. a leather bound portfolio with glossy prints of some more "exciting" styles and colors would be very professional, as well as give people an idea of some different things. i'm sure you could find some models to experiment on and take pictures of the finished product.

and.... i saw a cute photo somewhere of a terracotta flower pot, with some paper grass and color pops with different polishes sticking up like little flowers. it was a super cute idea, and you could show off some different styles and colors with that too.

nothing wrong with "boring nails", I do boring, but beautiful nails, which is often to my detriment, my clients nails look so natural, no one asks them who does them, i'm so over nail art and fancy stuff(including french), i prefer my nails to be discretely beautiful, rather than in your face with tacky gold bits, gobsmacking white free edges and spangles making them obviosly fake
but ........ this is only my opinion, most of my clients don't want people saying "look at those fake nails"
i'll do nail art, but i charge like a wounded bull to discourage it, i charge for my time + artistic ability, this will usually price it out of most clients reach, i even recommend they go to other salons to get nail art done, perhaps I base my opinion on the fact I was doing nail art back in 88, of course new nail techs will be fascinated with all aspects of nails which is great, but there aren't many clients that will pay for truly artistic work and the basic stuff bores me to tears, sorry, but it's only my opinion

twinkletoes910 said:
i've got a couple of ideas for ya'.

first, i would suggest a portfolio. a leather bound portfolio with glossy prints of some more "exciting" styles and colors would be very professional, as well as give people an idea of some different things. i'm sure you could find some models to experiment on and take pictures of the finished product.

and.... i saw a cute photo somewhere of a terracotta flower pot, with some paper grass and color pops with different polishes sticking up like little flowers. it was a super cute idea, and you could show off some different styles and colors with that too.

Thanks Nikki, these are great ideas.

I have tried gently encouraging mew ideas by wearing them myself but if they coukd look through a good portfolio before deciding what they want, or even let clients look through while having a rebalance on their 'boring' nails and then choose something for next time!.:biggrin:

nailzoo said:
nothing wrong with "boring nails", I do boring, but beautiful nails, i prefer my nails to be discretely beautiful, rather than in your face with tacky gold bits, gobsmacking white free edges and spangles making them obviosly fake
but ........ this is only my opinion, most of my clients don't want people saying "look at those fake nails"
Hey Nailzoo...Ive just come back from teaching the class from hell ....and right now, I feel 'so over nail art' myself!
Just wondering though...and Im not trying to be sarcastic here but , any chance of seeing a pic of your beautiful natural looking nails?
Id really love to see some classy, well done natural looking enhancements.... only the nails you have in your sig have those blinging white tips! :eek:

I have a little flip through book of different styles and colours and nail art ideas which I give to my clients who are waiting or while they are aswering the client consultation form questions. Mostly they know what they wnat but every so often you find one tries something a little different.

Latest posts

Back