Born Blonde... how is this available to buy!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lou :)

Reaction score
Evening all, I'm new to the boards! been lurking for a while but finally registered :biggrin:
I have a client who has used this as an 'inbetween appointment' alternative & it has destroyed her hair! i use blondor & 6% & then tone with 10/8 koleston in the salon to give a lovely creamy clean blonde. I had a nightmare trying to tone the yellow out! 9/8 stained terrible because of the porosity so had a rigmarole of 9/3 straight over & then blondor with warm water to get rid of underlying ash which 9/3 hadn't neutralised..... The colour result is lovely but the condition is like chewing gum! took me ages to cut & blowdry!! really feel my hard work has been thrown down the toilet because of a product that even profesionals wouldn't use! I'm livid! :evil:
Hope everyone is enjoying their Friday evening :biggrin:

I'm battling xxl, and John Freda lightning spray users at the minute!! It's awful!! Why do they make these things!

Just feels like all my care & attention has been undone by 1 'promise it all' product! Bloody annoying!

Yes I completely understand where your coming from, so now start you work again by recommending aftercare :) what range of shampoo treatments etc do you use?

I'm quite lucky! I work with a few ranges, I've recommended Kerastase nutri thermique range because her hair is super strong & not breaking but lacking in elasticity but she blowdries it quite often, she bought the elixr oil & I've advised her to use it before & after shampooing & conditioning x

I love nutri thermique!! But I think it smells like sun cream lol but I still love kerastase!!

Yea, nutri thermique is fab! I use it on my own hair :)

sorry what is born blonde ? i dont remeber that is it new ? i remember them awful live colors etc.. are they something you get in boots .. (god i am that bad i cant even remeber half the stuff shops in england sell anymore , lmao )

ahhh i see what it is now .. looks lovely not , lol

I hear ya,, the thing about this stuff we hate, is ... job security...LOL.. Also we can charge more for fixing their mistakes... I use to have a little sign that had my service prices on it, and a little "golden ticket" price list that clearly stated that corrective services for botched home box usage would be at least +50% or more depending on the issue... It got a laugh from a lot of clients, but it also opened the door for discussion on the use of the products... needless to say, I rarely had to break out the golden service tickets.. But my point is , seriously think of it as an opportunity to educate and get your creative juices flowing!

Oh gosh this stuff makes me shudder at the thought of it!! I used this to bleach black out of my hair when I was 14. Cue orange chewing gum hair all breaking off, a pixie cut and a heck of a lot of tears!!

Sent from my E15i using SalonGeek

True! I'm sure that for as long as home hair colours/bleaches are available then there will always be a steady flow of botched jobs walking through the door putting money in the till. I had another client in at the same time having a colour change & I was working alone so my brain was certainly exercised that day!

True! I'm sure that for as long as home hair colours/bleaches are available then there will always be a steady flow of botched jobs walking through the door putting money in the till. I had another client in at the same time having a colour change & I was working alone so my brain was certainly exercised that day!

Out of choice I would sweep every hair colour off the chemist/supermarket shelves and ban them for good. Colouring is the most convoluted part of hairdressing and it takes years to perfect it as a craft so why, oh why, do people think that they can spend a fiver and get what they're after in 30 minutes? It devalues our craft. And the product companies should know better. These products should never, ever get into the hands of non-professionals.
And then they walk into the salon and ask 'how much would it be to ... blah, blah, blah' and then nearly faint when you tell them. I swear that most people thin that hairdressing is all about swanning around waving a pair of scissors and shouts at the junior. How wrong can they be? They're amazed when I point out that a hairdresser takes as long to train as a doctor ...

Out of choice I would sweep every hair colour off the chemist/supermarket shelves and ban them for good. Colouring is the most convoluted part of hairdressing and it takes years to perfect it as a craft so why, oh why, do people think that they can spend a fiver and get what they're after in 30 minutes? It devalues our craft. And the product companies should know better. These products should never, ever get into the hands of non-professionals.
And then they walk into the salon and ask 'how much would it be to ... blah, blah, blah' and then nearly faint when you tell them. I swear that most people thin that hairdressing is all about swanning around waving a pair of scissors and shouts at the junior. How wrong can they be? They're amazed when I point out that a hairdresser takes as long to train as a doctor ...

Took the words out of my mouth lol!!!

Latest posts

Back