Botox.............

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dancingdiva3101

Reaction score
hi, can any1 tell me what the best botox clinic is to use to come into the salon? i tried 2 search dr.engle but nothing x

Hi

I am a trainer and know of various practitioners, where exactly are you county wise and I'll see if I know anyone local to you who can help.

I am also looking for someone to administer Botox/fillers in SL9 postcode of you can recommend anyone?? What is the usual commission rate?? Thanks x

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek

I am also looking for someone to administer Botox/fillers in SL9 postcode of you can recommend anyone?? What is the usual commission rate?? Thanks x

Is that south west of watford? I know practitioners in London but don't think they'd travel that far out of their area. Commission is always negotiable, I know salons that get a £25 referral fee, some get 10% others get 15 or 20%. You are more likely to get higher rewards if the clinics are busier.

If the practitioner introduces all the clients then expect a low fee as they can just take their clients to another clinic location. If you supply the clients and you supply a lot of them then you can expect a higher commission rate x

It is in gerrards cross, Buckinghamshire. Thank you for giving me some idea of the commission structure.

Apparently yo can do these treatments yourself if your an advanced therapist. Just heard about a new association called the CTIA, for BT but seem very strict on guidelines?

you may try this
http://getbotoxmelbourne.com.au/ said:
Botox Melbourne
my friend from australia tried it and she was satisfied with the output.

you can try Botox Melbourne
a friend of mine from australia have tried this and she was satisfied with the output.

Apparently yo can do these treatments yourself if your an advanced therapist. Just heard about a new association called the CTIA, for BT but seem very strict on guidelines?

I think you need reporting to salon geek, all you do is search for threads with botox on and write the same thing like you are using it to just advertise an illegal business. A beauty therapist cannot legally give anyone else a direction to administer an injection. This place you talk about is ran by a beauty therapist therefore it is illegal!

Nice to know you condone illegal practice and want the beauty therapists on here to be involved in it!!

I hope this helps to clarify matters. I received HABIA news yesterday and happened to notice a page about Registration scheme for injectables to include training providers. It confirms that only Doctors, Dentists and registered nurses can apply for inclusion on the register and must meet industry approved standards and training. The IHAS (Independant Healthcare Advisory Service's) register is aiming to help rid the industry of Botox cowboys and rogue practitioners and stamp out the rising number of inappropriate training courses across the country.

I have found a similar link:

9 Dec 2010 ... “Self-regulation in the injectable cosmetic training industry will ... Key Treatments you can trust - home standards for injectable cosmetic training courses include ... CHKS, the UK's leading independent provider of healthcare ... web based registration scheme as well as the inspection programme. ...
trade.cosmeticsurgerytoday.co.uk/.../www-treatmentsyoucantrust-co-uk-launches-accreditation-scheme-for-training-providers/ - Cached

HTH

I hope this helps to clarify matters. I received HABIA news yesterday and happened to notice a page about Registration scheme for injectables to include training providers. It confirms that only Doctors, Dentists and registered nurses can apply for inclusion on the register and must meet industry approved standards and training. The IHAS (Independant Healthcare Advisory Service's) register is aiming to help rid the industry of Botox cowboys and rogue practitioners and stamp out the rising number of inappropriate training courses across the country.

I have found a similar link:

9 Dec 2010 ... “Self-regulation in the injectable cosmetic training industry will ... Key Treatments you can trust - home standards for injectable cosmetic training courses include ... CHKS, the UK's leading independent provider of healthcare ... web based registration scheme as well as the inspection programme. ...
trade.cosmeticsurgerytoday.co.uk/.../www-treatmentsyoucantrust-co-uk-launches-accreditation-scheme-for-training-providers/ - Cached

HTH

Tried to rep you for this but couldn't I need to spread my love even though I just repped someone else! Sorry, hope you're getting your power points haha. This register is provided by government money too so they back it 100%!

Oh bless and thank you Smooth. Still trying to improve my rep and power points but sadly not happening. I will keep trying :hug:. I'm just so addicted to SG

Still going on for hours of an evening? Keep going, you'll get there!

Ive watched Salon Geek from afar for years now, I love this site, its informative, interesting and heated at times. But sometimes Im not sure why some respondants are so agressive and threatening. I think that you were talking about me Smooth, and I think you need to chill a little girl! Not everyone has the same opinion as you do, so please dont try and push your opinion on me.

Im looking for a course to train in fillers mainly but also botox, as I feel that Ive got enough experience and qualifications to do these treatments. Ive said Ill do it as long as its legal to do so? Ive read everyones remarks and Ive check it out and Its NOT illegal. I wouldnt do the training if I was told it was. Ive spoken to the Dept of Health as on this CTIA site is mentions meetings with IHAS and Simon Burns (apparently he's our Health Minsiter) and theyve confirmed that they have had meetings with this company and they were advised to set up their own scheme. They said that the law will not change, and as long as there is a prescription for that client prior to the treatment etc etc that covers the law. I asked about the NMC rules etc as obviously I want to do this right way round, and they also said that they cannot and wont enforce NMC/GMC rules. That is upto the them (MNC etc) to deal with? Ive spoken to a few companies, some are nurses/doctors some are therapists. This one just seems to have what I want, a 3 month course with support throughout, and registration.

Ive not paid anything yet, but Im looking to do my training in about 3 weeks time, in the meantime Ill look into it even further. But I think the info I got from Dept of H the other day mad it really clear!

Last edited by a moderator:
Just a little reminder here guys - http://www.salongeek.com/how-do-stuff-site/31101-commandments-geek.html!

Post as you would want to be posted to!
If your post is for one person, do it by PM!
If you have a gripe with someone, take it to PM and not in public.

We are all allowed to have our differing opinions and provided they are honest and truthful and posted in a constructive way, then debate is healthy!

To join a forum and post the same post on several threads which includes a link, is verging on spamming and is against the site rules.

Ive watched Salon Geek from afar for years now, I love this site, its informative, interesting and heated at times. But sometimes Im not sure why some respondants are so agressive and threatening. I think that you were talking about me Smooth, and I think you need to chill a little girl! Not everyone has the same opinion as you do, so please dont try and push your opinion on me.

Im looking for a course to train in fillers mainly but also botox, as I feel that Ive got enough experience and qualifications to do these treatments. Ive said Ill do it as long as its legal to do so? Ive read everyones remarks and Ive check it out and Its NOT illegal. I wouldnt do the training if I was told it was. Ive spoken to the Dept of Health as on this CTIA site is mentions meetings with IHAS and Simon Burns (apparently he's our Health Minsiter) and theyve confirmed that they have had meetings with this company and they were advised to set up their own scheme. They said that the law will not change, and as long as there is a prescription for that client prior to the treatment etc etc that covers the law. I asked about the NMC rules etc as obviously I want to do this right way round, and they also said that they cannot and wont enforce NMC/GMC rules. That is upto the them (MNC etc) to deal with? Ive spoken to a few companies, some are nurses/doctors some are therapists. This one just seems to have what I want, a 3 month course with support throughout, and registration.

Ive not paid anything yet, but Im looking to do my training in about 3 weeks time, in the meantime Ill look into it even further. But I think the info I got from Dept of H the other day mad it really clear!

Yes when I quote a geek I refer to them directly. As I have said numerous times, it is illegal for a beauty therapist and any other person without a medical qualification to advise/instruct/direct another person regardless of who they are to administer an injection. This is clearly on the government website who are there to state what is legal. Other government agencies are there to provide information on what can and can't be done with prescription only medicine, of which botox is.

The GMC, GDC and NMC can and do enforce their rules and guidelines on their registrants. If they do not adhere to them they can get struck off. There are rules associated with remote prescribing of which do not relate to botox administration as a routine route of administration. No injector, unless they are a prescriber can make a prescribing decision. This is fact, I am telling you this information as I am a prescriber and spent 6 months learning about prescriptions, medicine into great depth and all the legal aspects. It is only when you complete this course that you realise how strict the rules are, every practice nurse who attended had previously made a prescribing decision thereby breaking the law in the past. They promptly told other non prescribing nurses so they didn't make the same mistake.

If you do not work in a clinic with a medical professional on site directing you to administer on a named patient basis then all the legislation relating to the various laws and the professional body cannot be met! Therefore, you will be working illegally. I hope this now makes sense, I have said it often enough.

This beauty therapist who has made up this organisation you keep spamming about will not tell you this, she may not know this though but even if she did know is she likely to advise you? Probably not as you wouldn't sign up for her course. If you want to have a go at me, do it across a private message, I will maintain what I say and I can even send you links to prove what I am saying.

If you work illegally not only will your insurance become void but you risk prosecution, a large fine and/or instant prison - this is the law.

At no time have I been abusive to you or aggressive, just passionately putting my point across which you clearly still do not believe is true.

Im looking for a course to train in fillers mainly but also botox, as I feel that Ive got enough experience and qualifications to do these treatments. Ive said Ill do it as long as its legal to do so? Ive read everyones remarks and Ive check it out and Its NOT illegal.
It is not illegal for beauty therapists to administer fillers but it is illegal for them to adminster botox. You could always give the GMC a ring and I'm sure they will confirm this for you.
There is such conflicting evidence on the net but a lot of this information is out of date.

It is not illegal for beauty therapists to administer fillers but it is illegal for them to adminster botox. You could always give the GMC a ring and I'm sure they will confirm this for you.
There is such conflicting evidence on the net but a lot of this information is out of date.

Fillers are a medical device so do not come under POM Act you are correct. The GMC can only confirm what doctors are allowed to do. They have guidance on their website as do GDC and NMC.

If any geeks have a specific question then please ask I will tell you truthfully or point you in the right direction so you can read it yourself. Some documents may be from 3 years ago but if there is no updated document then that still stands, I am of course referring to government documents not personal opinions.

God bless you smooth! You have the patience of a saint. Every time I read another post where you are trying to educate people and help them save money on useless courses and prevent them from potentially braking the law I do have to laugh to myself. Flogging a dead horse comes to mind! All credit to you! Whatever you say, even when you are backing it up with current legislation some people think you are personally trying to keep them out of a lucrative business, they think they know better etc..etc..
It's law not just your opinion!
I will say it again, to inject botox legally if you are not the prescriber yourself, the prescriber will have to see the patient face to face, write a prescription for the botox for the individual patient, order the botox for the patient, give written direction for the administration of the botox for the patient. If a prescriber is going to do this they are going to do the actual administration of the botox them self. Why would they get someone else to do this? They wouldn't.
I think what confuses some people is that until last year remote prescribing was still being used to prescribe botox. The rules on this have now been changed. Some searches on line obviously still contain the old information. Companies train all manner of people to inject filler and botox they don't care if you will ever make a living out of it. They are simply making money out of the training they provide.
Well Smooth keep up the good work lol x

God bless you smooth! You have the patience of a saint. Every time I read another post where you are trying to educate people and help them save money on useless courses and prevent them from potentially braking the law I do have to laugh to myself. Flogging a dead horse comes to mind! All credit to you! Whatever you say, even when you are backing it up with current legislation some people think you are personally trying to keep them out of a lucrative business, they think they know better etc..etc..
It's law not just your opinion!
I will say it again, to inject botox legally if you are not the prescriber yourself, the prescriber will have to see the patient face to face, write a prescription for the botox for the individual patient, order the botox for the patient, give written direction for the administration of the botox for the patient. If a prescriber is going to do this they are going to do the actual administration of the botox them self. Why would they get someone else to do this? They wouldn't.
I think what confuses some people is that until last year remote prescribing was still being used to prescribe botox. The rules on this have now been changed. Some searches on line obviously still contain the old information. Companies train all manner of people to inject filler and botox they don't care if you will ever make a living out of it. They are simply making money out of the training they provide.
Well Smooth keep up the good work lol x

Between us all we are saying the same thing, the thing is if they do train, can't get product (despite being promised by the training company) they will be breaking the law/legislation in some way or other and it will unfortunately be detrimental to them.

I think out dated information should no be viewed, there are personal points of view on the internet currently and that shouldn't be taken. Who is going to give you the correct information? Someone who does not have a financial interest!

I prescribe for some nurses I've trained but I make sure they meet and continue to work within the law to protect not only the public, my registration but also the nurse's registration. Is it worth breaking the law for a few quid?

I've said to geeks on here, if you have a question they can ask me and I'll answer it. Looks like either no-one is interested in training or they are not worried and are believing this beauty therapist who has in no way any experience of prescribing law!

If there is a thread with something on I don't want that to be the last thing to be read so I'll continue to reply with the same things for as long as it takes. I'm thinking of actually putting together an online presentation regarding medicine law for beauty therapists to look at and when they see the referenced Acts they can look at it themselves and see we are telling the truth.
x

Latest posts

Back