Not sure how much to charge!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

danni1984

Reaction score
Hi everyone, iv just opened a salon and have two spare rooms I wanted to rent one room out as a beauty room and the other room 3 people have asked about renting it all three people are doing different things- reiki/Botox and Bowen therapy,

I'm not quite sure what to charge for the room or wether it should be a percentage of what they make, the lady that does reiki said that in the place she's in at the moment she gives the salon owner £5 per client but I'm thinking then what is the point if say she just has one client in a day? I know it depends on the area your based in but just wanted to know what everyone thinks? Xx

Last edited by a moderator:
I used to rent a beauty room in a hair salon and paid 30% of all my earnings to the owner, which i thought was really good x

Sent from my GT-I5800 using SalonGeek

I have rented out both ways.% splits work well when girls are building up their clients but we now find it easier to just charge a flat rate of £100 per week. The room is fully fitted out and we supply the towels. They just need their products and contribute to laundry and printing costs. I find this is better on vat too.
Hope that helps a bit.
Josie

i offer the choice of 2 contracts

percentage share 60/40 60 to them as they provide their stock and i make the appts

or rent a room £30 a day

however i find it stressful and people always want so much from me and i get emails late at night and this current lady well, wont advertise at all just wants to come in and stand over my clients preaching at them - and moans she is not busy

ITS COMPETITIVE PLEASE BLOOMING ADVERTISE!!

We did a 400 house mailshot for her and we are not=w delivering 5000 chrimbo leaflets AND putting up new posters today but alas she wont, theyre expected to telepathically know she is here

rant over and sorry went off track, just set your terms out and if its percentage share of course take some ownership if its rent a room,its THEIR business and you support through YOUR clients only.....

Hi geeks I've got a spare room in my salon and a nurse I know what's to borrow the room to do Botox a few times a week or when ever I get anyone asking for it I was just wondering how much anyone gets per client she said I would recieve £15 per client does this sound ok to you guys? Xx

Hi, thanks for your help, think I will do price for the room per day profit shares too much hassle I think by the sounds of it, got enough hassle with my own stuff, like I said I just don't see the point in the £5 per client. Xx

I used to rent a beauty room in a hair salon and paid 30% of all my earnings to the owner, which i thought was really good x

Sent from my GT-I5800 using SalonGeek

That's so good! I rent a room in a physio place for massage and pay them 50% of what I make :( x

We charge 50 per week-just for the room, they suply anything that goes in it. The £5 per client is good for when someone is starting out just to give them abit of help, but as said above, it is suprising how hard it is for them to advertise!

Some people just expect people to go up to them and ask for treatments-so with that in mind, I'd just rent the room on a weekly basis, if u are providing beauty bed/stools towels etc then add that into your price.

The botox is good, we get 10% of any new clients that book thru us (this means if it is a top up treatment we don't get paid) so your offer sounds good, our Dr just comes in 1 or 2 evenings wheb the girl who rents the room goes home.

We have problems with getting them to advertise or harrassing customers (who have maybe had 1 treatment) via text. Even tho its not our problem and she is self employed, people look to you when their is a problem.

Just make sure you find the right person, who thinks like you.

Good luck xx

Hi, thanks guys, think I will go with the set rent per day for the lady that wants to do reiki, STEPH do you get many clients coming in for Botox? Just wondering if it's popular as it's not something I would have done myself so wasn't sure how popular it was? Xx

Merelle I think them charging you 50% of what you make is a bit unfair. Xx

Yes and no, he triess to get all his clients on the same evening when the room is free anyway, its not a guarenteed income every week but when he uses the room its empty anyway, so its abit of extra money as n when really. But. It doesn't cost us anything we just have his leaflets/posters and pass on his secretarys num to anyone who calls so we don't even have to make appointments etc.

As repeat appts are 6 months apart its not regular.

Also, think it goes quite well in a salon as all the customers take pride in their appearance.

She may have 2 clients and that will take an hour max for £30 just to be in ur salon. We don't have any hassel etc if someone askes we just give them a leaflet xx

Hi geeks I've got a spare room in my salon and a nurse I know what's to borrow the room to do Botox a few times a week or when ever I get anyone asking for it I was just wondering how much anyone gets per client she said I would recieve £15 per client does this sound ok to you guys? Xx

Hi

that is not really a fair offer. Where about in St Helens are you? I've got clinics in the North West and they do really well but the commission I give to salons is a lot greater than that.

I'm not actually in st Helens that's where I live my salons in lowton just down the east lancs

I'm not actually in st Helens that's where I live my salons in lowton just down the east lancs

Hi

You still should have more than £15 per client though x

Hi

You still should have more than £15 per client though x
i used to rent a room doing nails and beauty in hairdressers and paid 20pound a day no matter what i made, which was an incentive to get up,advertise and get the clients in because no matter what i had to pay that money at the end of the day, and if i wanted a day off i still had to pay the 20pound,which i thought was fair enough, i used to book the clients through myself on my personal phone,which saved the hassle with the hairdressers. x

Latest posts

Back