Box dye over box dye?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Amy_lou

Reaction score
I am dying my Nans hair for her tonight, last time I dyed to way too blonde and it made her look grey so I've bought a medium ash blonde to put over it. Will this work as she has the light blonde dye on her hair still from last time? Also I know some of you will say tell her to go to a hairdresser but she is almost 80 and can't afford to she also doesn't have the confidence to do this when I offer to pay for her to. So please can you just advise if this will work as I don't want to make her go ginger or something lol. Thanks in advance girls xx

I really recommend using a mobile hairdresser, but if you really can't, I wouldn't use another ash if it went too white, I would use a natural or a beige tone.
But def look for a mobile hairdresser!! Hth

Thanks I will look for a mobile hairdresser for her next time but she is really looking forward to her hair being done so I'm doing it tonight. It's not really ash Hun it's like a medium blonde but called medium ash. Oh well, fingers crossed.

Last edited:
Really? Iv been freelance for a few yrs now and Iv never had an elderly client,

True for me too, I have one elderly client out of about 150 lol.. My main client base age is about 25-35 x

Well you're missing a trick then. My older clients don't cancel last minute, have plenty of disposable income and are less demanding and better company. ;-)

Well you're missing a trick then. My older clients don't cancel last minute, have plenty of disposable income and are less demanding and better company. ;-)

Think it depends on client, not age, all my clients are lovely and more like friends!
I like having younger clients as they keep me on my toes when they want trendy up to date styles :)

Nah il pass thank you,

Not related the the issue at hand.. Older people are the bread and butter of the industry. Your people have family and debt.. Old people have money and want to look good & are regular & good for a laugh..'love my old clients :)

I am a mobile hairdresser and I have a lot of elderly clients! I love them! Lol they have there hair done every week (shampoo and set) and have perms/cut/colours regularly. They are my bread and butter lol x

Yeah definitely elderly people love looking after their hair!! X

Latest posts

Back