Brand changes

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Roxie

Reaction score
I use kaeso products for everything at the moment.

I am mobile.

Even though i like kaeso, i dont love it. it does the job but i dont know if its cheap and cheerful. It has served me well getting my business off the ground but i am now unsure as to whether to use Eve Taylor and CND pedi and mani products.

I want to better myself and dont know if this is the right way about it.

Help please xx

i have never used kaeso, i use Eve Taylor and love it! it smells devine too.

I use kaeso products for everything at the moment.

I am mobile.

Even though i like kaeso, i dont love it. it does the job but i dont know if its cheap and cheerful. It has served me well getting my business off the ground but i am now unsure as to whether to use Eve Taylor and CND pedi and mani products.

I want to better myself and dont know if this is the right way about it.

Help please xx

Hi Roxie

I think this is a good question and one I am asking myself at the moment!! I'm a home based therapist and about to get started.

Brands have posed a real issue for me and so far I have decided to go with Susan Molyneux for skin as it's not "wholesale" and you can't pick it up in Sallys, it's reasonably priced and they are pretty flexible. I also LOVE the smell and textures of the products and the packaging so that's a winner as far as I'm concerned for now.

I'm now pondering mani and pedi products. I have looked at Kaeso and frankly didn't think much of the packaging and again worry that it's too readily available to the public but the question is, do the public widely know about wholesale brands and do they actually care???

Are people really that bothered about what brand a salon is using or are they more interested in the actual treatment, delivery of the service and the price??

Is it just "professionals" who get tied up in knots over what brands to use??

What does everyone else think? :Scared:

PB
x

I agree maybe sometimes it is us professionals that worry about brands.

I do good treatments and my prices are competitive to my area. I dont want to out price myself to much.

You have to ask yourself the question does the brand youre using deliver the real results you and your clients want?

There are some cheaper brands out there that serve their purpose and are good for the money, but are they really effective at treating skin conditions effectively enough? Does the homecare sell well? does the homecare have a good mark up on it or are you just making coppers on it?

CND is an excellent brand of products that is well known and trusted and it really does work well and have a great effect. Eve Taylor again is excellent, delivers fab results and is a rising star, very quickly up and coming as a hidden gem with the top beauty editors.

One thing you may like to do is book in for treatments with any brand you consider and see for yourself exactly what the treatment is like. You may well be wowed by it and really want to go forwards with it.

If you really want to sell products and service sincerely then you must enthuse about the products you use and the services you provide.
If you are a bit flaky about them this WILL show.

Choose wisely and really get behind the products you use!

Thanks matt for your reply.

my current brand doesnt even offer retail sale opportunity.

i think its time for a change.

Thanks matt for your reply.

my current brand doesnt even offer retail sale opportunity.

i think its time for a change.

Youre welcome.

As I said, try treatments from these other brands and experience what they are like as a consumer.
It will have cost, but you're a business so this is part of your Market research.

Look at the professional products available and think out of the box, think 3D..... As well as a standard treatment what else can you do to make it special, make it unique to you!

Alot if people have said that Eve Taylor is a basic range, they ate wrong! There are so many products in the pro line which you can use for other things and I love experimenting and finding new uses to make my treatments that bit different and personal!

I deffinately suggest you use brands which have homecare for retail, you are missing out on such a bit business opportunity there.
Don't sell yourself short by not offering the products to maintain the amazing results you've given in your superstar treatment!!! :-D

I am just starting out after a break from the industry for 2 years. I am using Eve Taylor (I have used their products for years and love them), and Nanovive and Rainforest Body Couture pedicure products. They are expensive but work wonders.

From a clients point of view, they care about results more than the brand. Very few clients could 'name' a professional brand. I've had a few clients in my time recognise China Glaze, but thats it. Results and value for money are what clients care about the most in my opinion. Find a brand you love that inspires you and gives you great results xx

well i have gone and got my CND marine spa pedi and CND citrus mani products (Mini ones to see how i get on)

Im in the process of giving my self a pedi and mani so far so good.

What to do with my old Kaeso stock, do i still use it?

Last edited:
well i have gone and got my CND mineral spa pedi and CND citrus mani products (Mini ones to see how i get on)

Hi Roxie....can you tell me where you got your CND products from?? Do you have to do any additional training with CND in order to get the products?

Also, a bit cheeky I know but how much were the mani and pedi kits??

Perhaps you could Ebay your Kaeso stuff...

Thanks
PB
x

I am just starting out after a break from the industry for 2 years. I am using Eve Taylor (I have used their products for years and love them), and Nanovive and Rainforest Body Couture pedicure products. They are expensive but work wonders.

From a clients point of view, they care about results more than the brand. Very few clients could 'name' a professional brand. I've had a few clients in my time recognise China Glaze, but thats it. Results and value for money are what clients care about the most in my opinion. Find a brand you love that inspires you and gives you great results xx

Hi Mrsilashes....I've always suspected that results & price win over actual brand (as long as you're not using high street!!) but no doubt others will disagree!! :biggrin:

I'm still trying to find a mani/pedi range to fall in love with....I'm still searching!!

PB
x

well i have gone and got my CND marine spa pedi and CND citrus mani products (Mini ones to see how i get on)

you could maybe run a special offer on the treatments you use Kaeso products for? Just to use them all up. Then introduce your CND products as new and exciting, your enthusiasm will rub off on your clients xx

Petit Basque, you definetly want products that a client can't buy elsewhere so professional only brands for me!!:biggrin: I went on a mani/pedi conversion course with Entity to use their products. Even though I'm qualified it really helped me get to 'know' the products.

I love,love,love the mani/pedi range I have. The Nanovive Glycolic Exfoliating Serum is amazing!! No grit so less mess. I am also looking at bringing in another brand to give clients more choice. I've been looking at CND and OPI xx

Right have done both a pedi and mani on myself and all i can say is im sold.

love it love it love it

This has given me my enthusiam back. Its deffo gave excellent results.

Right special offers on kaeso then CND all the way.

I got my CND from Ellisons and sweet squared. You need to prove that you are qualified.

Latest posts

Back