Brazilian blowdry, please help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

waffle4

Reaction score
Hi hair geeks, sorry to bother you but I'm worrying and just need a bit of advice please if that's ok.

Ok, some background. I have fine, tinted hair and I had some bleach highlights put through my longish dark hair 3 weeks ago. They put a toner over the top Of the highlights which washed out after only 1 wash (sulfate free shampoo and conditioner used) and my caramel highlights went orange! Went back to the salon and they reapplied the toner. However, my hair has turned very frizzy despite having weekly salon deep conditioning treatments and I even had the l'oreal fiberceutic treatment last week which looked great on the day but next day I woke up like a frizz ball again!!

Anyway, I'm now thinking of having a Brazilian blowdry in desperation to try and combat this frizz and wondered if anyone has heard of amazon shine?? and if it's any good as that is what the salon will be using. Also is a Brazilian blowdry bad for your hair? It's not going to make the frizz even worse is it?!

Any help and advice will be gratefully received from this lil frizz ball!!

Thank you xxxx

Hi hun!
Sorry to hear about your hair issues :(.
Im not a professional, but highlights and toner problems is the story of my life....
I also suffer from 'frizz-ball' like hair on top of my head, where I have highlights.
It was a never ending battle and despite treatments/ trims etc, the frizz-ball never really changed.
Last year I had my first Brazillian Keratin treatment done.
I didnt expect a lot of it and agreed to give it a try, because my hairdresser promised it will help my natural hair blend better with my hair extensions.
When I saw results I almost passed out- it was SMOOTH and Glass-like, even in the mornings!!!
Couldnt stop petting my hair and playing with it for days!!:o
Dont know if this stuff actually treats damaged hair, but it does a pretty good job concealing it
It wears off in about 4-5 months and I just had it done for the third time! Cant live without it now!
Ps I know there are many different brands out there, the one my hairdresser uses is Inoar Moroccan Treatment.

Thank you very much for such a helpful reply. I'm really pleased the Brazilian blowdry helped you, frizz is a nightmare , everydays a bad hair day in my instance! I'm a bit worried though because I had a Beox Brazilian last year and year and it didn't really make any difference to my hair :(
However, I was on a lot of medication at the time which has now been greatly reduced so I'm hoping this time it will work.
Even if doesn't work very well it's not going to damage it is it????

Your going down the wrong line completely, if you BBD your highly porous and dry, fine hair you will end up with straw! You need something like repair shampoo, conditioner and mask by Matrix total results, then either biolage thermo active repair cream, or Design pulse thermo glide, or a new fave of mine is Evo easy tiger smoothing fluid! X

Your going down the wrong line completely, if you BBD your highly porous and dry, fine hair you will end up with straw! You need something like repair shampoo, conditioner and mask by Matrix total results, then either biolage thermo active repair cream, or Design pulse thermo glide, or a new fave of mine is Evo easy tiger smoothing fluid! X

Omg that's what I was worried about! So it's better to wait til it's in better condition then? And Brazilian blowdrys CAN damage your hair??? (gulp) I thought they were GOOD for the hair coz they put keratin back in it?
Also where do I buy all those products you reccommend?
Thank you soooo much, think you've just saved me from looking like worzel gummidge xx

Yes keratin is good and it's designed to repair but if hair is dry and bleached already add keratin which strengthens and straightners which bond the keratin to the hair....,your left with stiff dry hair! Especially if the irons are too hot! As for stockists PM me! X

Oh well, I knew this keratin stuff was too good to be true and Bluerinse just confirmed it. Like I said it does miracles concealing damage, not sure about repairing it :(.

Funny thing is, this time I had keratin done all over instead of half a head only.
It did absolutely nothing to my virgin silky brown hair that had no damage at all, because I dont highlight it.
So looks like it only really works on damaged hair...:suprised:

OK, before I get lynched for giving non-pro advise, there is a product called Aphogee 2-step protein treatment ( please read instructions very carefully).

http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rc...BkiGR8R_ttf-O0Fng&sig2=hwBLv6rGvJvJDQhcwVTppw

Its a hardcore treatment and a moisture pack as second step, as our hair needs right protein/moisture balance. You will notice immediate difference.
Its also Mega cheap BTW, but works better then more expensive brands like Nexxus etc! Good luck on your hair journey!xx

Oh well, I knew this keratin stuff was too good to be true and Bluerinse just confirmed it. Like I said it does miracles concealing damage, not sure about repairing it :(.

Funny thing is, this time I had keratin done all over instead of half a head only.
It did absolutely nothing to my virgin silky brown hair that had no damage at all, because I dont highlight it.
So looks like it only really works on damaged hair...:suprised:

OK, before I get lynched for giving non-pro advise, there is a product called Aphogee 2-step protein treatment ( please read instructions very carefully).

http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rc...BkiGR8R_ttf-O0Fng&sig2=hwBLv6rGvJvJDQhcwVTppw

Its a hardcore treatment and a moisture pack as second step, as our hair needs right protein/moisture balance. You will notice immediate difference.
Its also Mega cheap BTW, but works better then more expensive brands like Nexxus etc! Good luck on your hair journey!xx

Wow the reviews for the aphogee are amazing! Have you tried it yourself?
However, I'm too scared to try any home treatments :( xx

Am still wavering whether to risk the Brazilian blow dry as my hairdresser said the amazon shine one works better on damaged hair!

Any of you hair geeks actually used this brand? What do you think of it??

Thank you xx

Anyone use it?? X

Nobody? This is a bit worrying .....

Wow the reviews for the aphogee are amazing! Have you tried it yourself?
However, I'm too scared to try any home treatments :( xx

I first saw it in the States, when I had my highlights done salon used Aphogee afterwards to replace protein lost during bleaching...

I still use it every now and then.

Perhaps you could get your hairdresser to apply it for you, if you dont find it strong enough you can always move on to serious stuff (keratin lol).

And if you opt for keratin first and your hair doesnt accept it, then it may take a while to get everything back in synch.

x

Thanks for your help Verbina. Ive decided I'm gonna try the Amazon Shine BBD as I googled it and it has got great reviews. I also rang round some salons and they all seem to be of the opinion that it will work great on damaged hair. My hairs not badly damaged really, just flipping frizzy arghh!!
Cant stand waking up to frizz anymore (even fizzy when Ive just blowdried it aswell!) so I'm gonna be brave and do it.
Wish me luck, :) xx

No BBD's arnt damaging!! You can have some great results from them. I use the Nano Keratin System and my clients who have highlighted frizzy damaged hair now have silky smooth locks. One of my clients couldnt get her hair to grow past her collar bone due to breakage. She's had the Nano treatment 3 times now and its not breaking anymore and its growing well.
Have a look also at the Kabelo system. Really gentle, lasts 100 days, you get a free aftercare pack, you can wash your hair straight away (no waiting 4 days! yay!)
Please dont be put off, just do your research on finding a good salon who offers a good system
xxx

Latest posts

Back