Breast Cancer promotion

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SILVERSEQUIN

Reaction score
I would really like to do some sort of promotion which would firstly:-
i) Encourage new clients and ii) allow donation to charity

Not really sure how to go about this.....

Thinking of something like.....Book a aromatherapy or thai leg and foot massage ....and give to Breast Cancer

Say for example 10 % is donated to the charity...is this too little?How would this be worded on the promotion? Might even do two charities as my close friend has MS.

Perhaps some of you profs have done something similar?If so has it been popular?

As ever, any advice is really appreciated

Last edited:
c'mon ladies! There must be someone with more than an inkling than me!!?
all ideas welcomed...

There was a thread here a while ago inviting tan professionals to join the 2009 SafeTanSummer campaign, the aim of which is to alert people to the dangers of the sun's summertime rays and redirect said people to have fake tans instead, and they're also looking for a percentage of spray tanners' income to be donated during August, whilst these events are taking place.

I've registered with them, although I'm not entirely sure of exactly how it's all going to pan out - see www.safetansummer.com xx

I donate 10% of my treatments to a charity called wish upon a star. It's a children's charity and donations go towards those with life threatening conditions. The child makes a wish, such as 'i want to go to Disney land' and the money then goes to make sure their wish comes true before they die. I decided to do it as I think it's such a lovely charity to donate to and I think myself very lucky that I have a healthy little boy.
I find it easier to advertise as well, as people don't mind displaying my flyers if I tell them about the donations. I have given a lot to the schools to give out and the charity sends them a special thank you letter.
My offer for next month will be to promote waxing and raise money that way. I have about 13 men so far for a full leg wax and have told them to get sponsors from friends and family. A few hundred has been raised so far and I am hoping to raise quite a bit more.
xxx

Thanks KylieB- thats a really lovely idea-definitely something i think would be beneficial for everyone, and as you say makes advertising easier!
Thanks for reply- you have made my mind up now

Hello :)

I had my salon launch night on Saturday, here is what I did to A) encourage new clients & B) raise money for charity......

Invited local paper to do an editorial so would appear in next week's edition (many will read the paper, great way for getting free advertising).

Pura Vida Held a charity raffle with suggested donation of £5 per strip, all money going to Jo's Trust - a charity I feel personally connected with.
I contacted all the companies I use & explained I was holding a charity raffle on the salon launch night & would it be possible to have a donated gift for a prize. I also put some "mystery treatments" in an envelope. We made £250 on the night & the guests loved to feel part of the launch/fund raising.

Over 150 people cam along & each as issued with a goodie bag. I included the following to promote the salon:

• Brochure/Pricelist
  • Complimentary reshape & polish coupon
  • Product samples
  • Recommend a friend card (friend gets 25% off 1st visit, they get £10 Gv once friend been in for treatment)
  • Reward card (1 point per £10 spent. 10 points = free mini treatment, 20 points = £10 GV)
  • Chocolate
  • Brochure from Jo's Trust to raise awareness
Good luck with everything!!
-p-

well done You!
That was some organising! cant believe so many people!
Mine is starting off small-though like you- have got goody bags prepared,

Going to do raffle £ 5 ticket and then draw at end of May-winner getting free treatment to value of £30. 10 % going to Breast Cancer & MS.
Of course the refer a friend etc and add ons like tints to massages
Just preparing treatment list and prices for printers and thats me!
So glad DH is away this week so getting loads of time to prepare!

Well done again-keep me update with your progress-would be good to see whats works well

x

lol - it took a bit of thinking.

1st day back in the salon after party & both myself & hairdresser have had bookings from newbies from the launch night..... So far so good!

Good luck with yours chick! Sounds like you are doing well.xx

A childrens charity personally would do it for me more. It is such a good idea and makes people feel they are giving a little.

If you have a football team near to you, you could always approach them to see if they could offer a signed photo of the players.

I did this a few years back & was very popular - loads of people wanted to win it - and that was just Ipswich Town FC :lol:

Latest posts

Back