Brisa Gel Breakage

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trini

Reaction score
I just did my Brisa course 2 1/2 weeks ago while i was on vaction. I have been praticeing on friends and been haveing a few brakeage. My queston is this should the finished nail be as thick as L&P or can it be less thin.
they are braking at the tip and the corners.

Tricia:rolleyes:

Sounds like you are making them too thin, it's a common problem when you convert to gel as you usually use a one bead method rather than the 3 that you get used to with l&p and so don't apply enough as you still make your bead the same size that you would have applied in zone 2 alone (hope that makes sense!). You need to make your bead the size of a small pea in the thumb, and a petit pois on the pinkie, woth somewhere in between on the rest. Sometimes I still add a little more in zone 2 if I think the client needs a bit more strength. don't know how thick or thin you wrok with l&p but would say that they need to be the same.

Thank u Sassy I'll try and let u know how it turns out.

Tricia

Good luck hun! if your application is quite slow at the mo then lock cure each one as you go on the 10 second timer so that they don't flood, this is why most people apply too thin as it floods if you take a while to apply. Once you speed up you can do two nails then lock< once you are quick enough you can do all four fingers and lock, then the thumb and cure for 2 mins!

Sassy as promised i am leting u know that i did my own nails on the 15/10/05 and they are still going no lifting no breaking. Thanks a lot.

Tricia

Glad to hear all is going well!

Latest posts

Back