brisa gel lifting off natural nails

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

funkyfitnails

Reaction score
can anyone help? a client on saturday had natural nail overlay on all but index and thumbs which i tipped as natural nails were gone and now ( wednesday) she has phoned to say gel is lifting off natural nails but fine on ones with tips ? not sure what to answer to this as i have used other gels before on her natural nails and they lasted weeks ? did try brisa on my own natural nails and it lifted also but great when i have tips on ??

the other problem is i have lots of allergies and found brisa to be the only one i can use ( that i have tried ) that doesnt bring my dermatitis out for weeks hence no work !!!

please can anyone help!!!!

How was your prep? You didn't forget the liquid bond did you? I've done this oops :o

whereabout on the nail did the lifting start?
if lifting started at the free edge then i would say that they need to be capped better.
the first layer of gel needs to be worked well into the nail...
It has been described as similar to 'painting' (a wall etc), working in different directions and not applying like a nail enamel.

thanks for the replies

i havent seen the nails but the prep was the same for all and ones with tips are fine
she said that she could put her finger under the gel and it would lift off the whole nail easily so think this must be the free edge but i made sure i capped it

its the fact that the ones with tips are fine and others not .......

I also had the same problem on one of my clients, She had the gel come completely off in one piece. That too was a natural nail overlay :confused: I have no trouble with any more of my clients. So it may just be her nails?

funkyfitnails said:
thanks for the replies

i havent seen the nails but the prep was the same for all and ones with tips are fine
she said that she could put her finger under the gel and it would lift off the whole nail easily so think this must be the free edge but i made sure i capped it

its the fact that the ones with tips are fine and others not .......

yep, sounds like it's not capped properly. Has she filed them maybe? Perhaps she's broken the seal at the edge herself?

sorry for sounding stupid but why would the cap on the tip be ok and the natural one not ?
thanks

funkyfitnails said:
sorry for sounding stupid but why would the cap on the tip be ok and the natural one not ?
thanks

The tip has given the gel a base that doesn't flex as much as a natural nail. Effectively the tip is one really big cap and the gel is bonded well onto it.

The other cause of free edge seperation can be from the gel being applied too thinly. Always ensure you have a reasonable amount of product with an apex and then taper it at both the free edge and zone 3...

RE your allegry you should be ok with BRiSA, it is the Lowest allergen on the market currently - far lower allergen than most gels, and most L&P's even!

Latest posts

Back