Brisa help ! Applied on a thurs ALL OFF BY SAT

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MINKUS

Gel Junkie
Reaction score
Hi all.....this is a long one sorry !!!

I have been using Bio gel since last October ....introduced Brisa too as i was having problems with BIO's strength.

Well everythings been going fine.....trialled it on family and a few customers first no probs really pleased with it......so swapped all my tip and overlays over to Brisa.

Had a new client in on Thursday....telling me she had had lots of problems in the past...last tek removed the gel and gave up !!

I was REALLY thorough with my prep, and kept it nice and thin around the cuticles side walls free edge....built up my stress area....got a nice shape...

I did natural tips...clear gel ....

she rang me on friday morning to say she had lost one.....saw her at 9am on saturday she had NOT ONE LEFT ON.

All the gel was in tact on the nails no lifting rock solid but not one tip on??

She didnt have particularly short nails - hardly any free edge - not bitten although the skin around was and was REALLY dry.

She didnt have any medical conditions (that she told me about).

Can someone shed anylight on what i may have done wrong.

I just want to stress i do occasionally get breakages when clients come back but NEVER EVER EVER all off in 24 hours !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HELP Amb xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
icon_redface.gif

Sorry hun just to clarify - had all the tips had broken off at the stress area?

I'm no expert but it sounds like your customer has been a bit on the heavy handed side. What does she do for a living? How long were the tips? I cannot imagine for one moment that it could have been your fault. Sounds like she has snapped them all to me. :| Sorry this doesn't answer though. :rolleyes: Jules

hi
when i first started one of my friends who i practised on had a similar problem the tips would just come off but the gel stayed on - i changed my adhesive to gellbond and that sorted the problem.hth

If the gel is still applied to the natural nail and all the tips are broken, then she is incredibly heavy handed - or her teeth got in the way! Even if you hadn't built your stress zone up enough that shouldn't have resulted in losing the whole lot in such a short space of time. The fact that she has had probs in the past means she just ain't suited to having nails of any length. I had one exactly the same, she was just very clumsy and heavy handed and we gave up in the end!

Hi guys

She had them cut to the end of her finger (didnt take ANY chances as i sussed her as a nightmare client) I dont think she even worked on the Friday, but she works in an office just typing.

Strange thing was as she had encountered problems in the past i first suggested Bio natural overlays...and come back in 3 weeks with a nice bit of length to do a french on her own nails - she insisted she wanted tips.

When she came on the saturday she was very appologetic for delaying me (from my assesments at college - wasnt a problem though really) i filed off excess Brisa and applied a Bio NNO .......and she said HOW MUCH DO I OWE YOU and was amazed when i said 'nothing' . I thought odd i would have expected it FREE OF CHARGE if i were her and they all broke off in 24 hours?

Hmmmmmmmmmm foxed!!

Amb xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

This might be well of the mark, but could the gel have not fully cured due to natural tips being used as opposed to clear, hence the breakage of the tips?

which won't have helped if she is heavy handed?

Fab Freak said:
This might be well of the mark, but could the gel have not fully cured due to natural tips being used as opposed to clear, hence the breakage of the tips?

which won't have helped if she is heavy handed?

I Had thought about that? but i asked a fellow BRISA geek and and she said not.

Geeg...help

AMb x

I am not an expert at Brisa but in my induction it was emphasised that clear tips are essential for the product to cure properly.

NailNovice2 said:
I am not an expert at Brisa but in my induction it was emphasised that clear tips are essential for the product to cure properly.

Hi

nope you would only need the clear tips for a french finish not a natural tip and overlay, as amber did.

Amber you should have charged her. I would say she knows very well how they came off or she wouldnt have offered to pay for them. I think they had a little disagreement with her teeth.

Keep her on bio as she ob dosnt bite her own nails just tips.

NailNovice2 said:

Ditto

Well if all the Brisa Gel was in tact, and it was just the tips that had broken off ... come on people ... I smell a rat don't you?? Ten tips .. all broken .. is your adhesive past the sell by date or are all the troubles of the past happening again??? Man what a nice girl to do them for free!! I certainly would not have.

Breakages happen when too much pressure is put on the tip. No pressure, NO breakage. Don't loose sleep over this one. However good an actress she is, she DID something. This gel is just plain too strong to break without help from somewhere.

Thanks all for helping me out with that one i was absolutely FLABOGASTED !!!!

i have never ever had it happen!!!!!

Amb xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi,

I have Brisa gel on my own nails, natural and frech. i know don't ask...a client wanted to see the difference!! Anyhow, when i was lugging all of my sons toys out into the garden, and when i mean tiys i mean a sand pit full of sand, a slide, tent...you get the picture. I noticed that the tip on my middle finger had broken, didn't feel it happen.

I didn't bite, pick or pull, but the force applied when carting out the toys was enough to cause a break.

But it just reinforces the point that they don't just fall off!!

If you have other clients that are satisfied and you were happy with your application i wouldn'y worry.

MINKUS said:
Thanks all for helping me out with that one i was absolutely FLABOGASTED !!!!

i have never ever had it happen!!!!!

Amb xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Latest posts

Back