Brisa or Bio Sculpture

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SabrinaD

Reaction score
I know you get this all the time but which one should I go with?

Bio Sculpture really apeals to me but I love Creative L&P so do I do Brisa.

Can anyone let me know the ups and downs of both products.

Advice greatly apprecaited.

Sabrina

Hi Sabrina

I originally trained with bio-sculpture after I left college and found it great. However as I was learning more about nails and products and building a client base I started having issues with clients who had tip and overlays with clear gel. I didnt experience much lifting it was more that I began to feel it wasnt strong enough for certain clients. If you have clients that love colour then there coloured gels are great. As time went on and that I have became a bit more experienced I started looking at other products that delivered a bit more therefore I did a conversion course with creative and Brisa gel and havent looked back. I think bio-sculpture is a great gel to begin with as its nice to use and to be honest I havent tried there new S gel im sure there will be more geeks on this site that have and will be able to advise.

I've used both and Brisa wins hands down. Bio Sculpture is a soak off gel and Brisa a buff off. I found B/S yellowed quite frequently, never had that problem with Brisa. B/S is VERY expensive but you don't seem to find that out until after you've paid for your starter kit and 'free' training. I much prefer the strength of Brisa - B/S always seems quite rubbery. If you only want to use one gel then go for Brisa - you can sculpt with that and get enhancements with great strength - in my experience B/S is only ok for overlays.

Only my opinion - others may love the stuff but I really don't rate it for the price they expect - find out about the prices of the gel before committing yourself.

Jackie

I agree, Bio sculpture for overlays, the thing is, its very popular and a lot of clients do ask for it, where as yet Brisa is not so well known, but just as good.

n

I use biosculpture mainly as a natural overlay. I do mainly colour applications as that is what my clients like.
Biosculpture has a new gel called S-gel, its clear and stronger than the original clear gel.
Sorry I dont know anything about Brisa, so I cant give you any info.

pros and cons

bio...con's.....expensive....can yellow dont get too much of a problem with this though....not very strong.

pro's.....loads of colours....soaks of clean in 20 mins.....loyal client base...easy to apply...

brisa..pro's.....cheap....stronger than bio good over tips....

cons....i personally hate filing it off....bit brittle...no colours...

i use both but 90% is bio 10% brisa.......

ambx

MINKUS said:
pros and cons

bio...con's.....expensive....can yellow dont get too much of a problem with this though....not very strong.

pro's.....loads of colours....soaks of clean in 20 mins.....loyal client base...easy to apply...

brisa..pro's.....cheap....stronger than bio good over tips....

cons....i personally hate filing it off....bit brittle...no colours...

i use both but 90% is bio 10% brisa.......

ambx

Excellent reply amber xx

I use both and also cnd L+P in my salon. I would say its the same as amber 90% bio 10% Brisa.

My opinions:

Bio sculpture
Pros: gorgeous colours, really easy to use, never ever lifts, love the new s-gel so now great over tips to.
cons: hmm client's have to use caution when using self tan products etc as the gel is porous other than that and other products that can stain..........no other complaints.....ooo except it could be cheaper :lol:

Brisa
Pros: lovely to work with very white and really clear colours, reasonably priced.
Cons: can go a little brittle after a few fills (which i find with all buff off gels) and i hate that you have to buff it off to remove it.

So my vote goes to biosculpture.

I've been using Bio Sculpture for quite a while now, and both I and my clients are very happy with this product.

Personally speaking, I love the variety of colours which are available and the fact that it soaks off clean in 20 minutes.

I have to agree the gels are a bit expensive, but the Bio Sculpture system is very popular, especially as overlays, and lasts for ages.

Hi there

I trained with Bio after having trained with CND for L&P, just hated the idea of buffing off gels. Yes Bio stuff is quite expensive but the gels do last quite a while and if you're pricing is right you should recover the cost quite quickly.

Bio is fab over natural nails, and really helps a client to grow their nails if they so wish. It's not so strong over tips or overlays but sometimes that is due to the client not caring for her nails (you soon find out who is used to long nails and who isn't). The new S Gel is supposed to be a lot stronger shall be trying that soon.

Fab colours which clients really love, no chipping or flaking off like polish, dead easy to use, I only ever noticed it go slightly yellow with a customer who smoked, maybe a top coat over it would prevent it discolouring.

I've had a play with brisa, seems nice and quite soft to buff, didn't last 5 minutes on 1 client over her natural nails, so changed to bio and they've lasted her really well even with her swimming 3 times a week.

Regards
Deb379

Latest posts

Back