Brisa Question

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jenny3543

Reaction score
I have a question. I have been doing gels for over a year now, ever since brisa first came out. i have always done mr p/ws like this, I apply the gel and make shape of the nail as if i were doing a 1 color. Then i paint the french on with the paint on white, doing 2 thin coats of white. Then I apply 2 thin coats of finishing gloss. I like this way because rebalances are so much easier. i have client come every 3 weeks and do whole rebalance. Is there any advantges to the white builder gel. I have never used this once and almost all clients are p/ws. I havent had any probs, just wondering if there was a diff method. than ks
jenne:D

Hi Jenny,

Like you I always use the Paint on White because it is so quick and easy UNLESS I am sculpting; in that case I use the White Sculpting gel of course for the strength.

Other than that, there is no advantage to using the thicker sculpting gel over a tip in my opinion. They both look identical to the eye and as you say, rebalancing Forever French is a breeze.

You aren't doing anything wrong ... just opting for one choice over another. I like being given choices.

Thanks geeg, even though iv had no probs 2 girls just took the class and keep fussin with the sculpt gel. So i wondered if there was some kind of advantage. It seem almost to easy the way i do it. rebanalce is a breeze!

Hi
Do you think that you could use the paint on White on top of Pink Acrylic then top with Intense Seal to save time on rebalance? I have heard of a client of a friend who likes to have white acrylic but with pink gels.
What do you think??

You can try it and see how it survives.
There is no chemical hazard in doing it.
Make sure before you apply that the pink acrylic is finished with a 180 abrasive. If the surface is too smooth, the gel will not adhere to it.

Thanks for the tip, I have never used any type of gels before, they are not as popular here in South Australia (Cant talk for the rest of Australia) What do you prefer.

Rachel Mary said:
Thanks for the tip, I have never used any type of gels before, they are not as popular here in South Australia (Cant talk for the rest of Australia) What do you prefer.

I love 'em all Rachel. Liquid & Powder, gels and wraps. I just love creating beautiful nail enhancements with any type system.

You can introduce gels in your area and MAKE them popular. They're only not popular because the customers don't know about them. Make yourself the expert love, and corner the market. Then when others start to use them YOU will be the authority in the area!

thanks geeg!! will give it a go!!

Latest posts

Back