BRISA - UV Finishing Gloss - Can it be used on natural nails over enamel?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HAILZTONES

Reaction score
Hi to all,

I am a new member, just joined this evening and I need some help quick please!!!!

I am a Creative trained tech in L&P, did a conversion in Brisa last week and I have a problem already, and I haven't even done a set of Brisa yet!!!

I did a manicure on my mums NATURAL nails last Saturday, I finished with a Creative dark pink cerise enamel, then thought I'd try the UV Finishing Gloss over the top......what a stupid woman I am!!! It chipped the very next day, and this evening I went around my mums to re-do her nails as she's going away for weekend.....it won't budge!! (Stupidly I hadn't thought what I was going to do when she needed her nails done next). My question is, will I have to file this finishing gloss off? If so, what can I do, as I will then be filing onto her natural nail. Will the finishing gloss soak off?

I'm just glad its my mum and not a paying client! Will my mum be stuck with these dark pink nails forever??? !!!

Please help, I would be grateful for any advice.

Thanks,

Hi there,

Gel is non soakable, you do have to buff it!

Use a 240 Koala and take it really slow!!

It's not recomended to put the gloss over enamel as it has to be done when the enamel is completely dry - next day is safe.... Other wise the solvents being released by the drying enamel will cause problems with the gel...

If you are wanting a strong top coat for enamel try the Creative Pro Finish top coats - Air dry, heat dry or Uv top coat (like a gel but not as hard to remove)

Hope that helps

you will know when you are reaching the natural nail plate as the red enamel will start to buff of as well, then take it really easy and remove the last red colour with Nail Varnish remover:biggrin:.

Latest posts

Back