Brisa - white sculpting gel

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

molly

Reaction score
I did my first set of brisa sculpts at the weekend. I watched the vid loads of times and it looked so easy but when it came to trying to get the white gel level I couldnt, it was quite uneven.

Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Hi molly

yes it does take some mastering i know what you mean! :eek:

This is what i have found: the less you work it the better (dont try too hard)

It does level out a little in the lamp

DONT pull the clear gel over it when filling in any gaps or when you come to buff you get 'shadows' on the white

have i explained that ok??
:wink2:

How thick/thin should the layer be? Do you mean sort of pat the clear over the top instead of pulling?

Thanks

hi Molly :biggrin:

No i mean sculpt your pink and white then when you come to fill any gaps between the pink and white with clear don't go over the white at all.

Or you can try it my way:

What i do is sculpt my P + W then i remove the form and dispersion layer, then i buff to shape with the white board then i see if it needs any more gel it usually doesn't but if it does i put a thin layer of clear over the whole thing then. Then i finish off with the grey buffer and a coat of the finishing gloss.

In the video it tells you to sculpt your pink and white then fill in any gaps with clear, i just find that if you go over the white with the clear it looks shadowy when you try to blend, i have used gel for quite a few years so i do tend to adapt the products to my own liking.

Give it a try hope i have helped.

Hi Molly,

I know (from experience) when trying to Master Brisa after having used liquid and powder the biggest issue is the change in the way you use and handle the brush. This makes a massive difference to how hard it is to get the gel where and how you want it.
Geeg wrote an awesome tutorial on it... Brush control with Gel

http://www.thenailgeek.com/showthread.php?t=10070

take a look and I hope it helps.... practise makes perfect.... (hopefully...)

Latest posts

Back