Brittle lashes after lifts, need cheap aftercare option

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Robin Selman

Reaction score
So alot of my clients are coming back with super brittle lashes after lifts. They aren't listening and are not applying or even purchasing aftercare for their lashes. I have the option of bringing in a 30$ keratin lotion to retail to them or just bottling up some individual castor oil and selling it for like $5. I' tempted to just go the castor oil route as I've been reading about the effectiveness of putting keratin back into hair and how it has to be the right type of keratin etc. Basically they just need something to keep the lashes soft after these lifts. Thoughts?

I’d go for the castor oil route if I was you

The brand you trained in, will carry their own retail conditioner.
Advise them to purchase it.:cool:
If they can't/won't use the recommended after care - then they shouldn't have the treatment in the first place. :p

The brand you trained in, will carry their own retail conditioner.
Advise them to purchase it.:cool:
If they can't/won't use the recommended after care - then they shouldn't have the treatment in the first place. :p
I use elleebana and they only have the mascara which no one wants mascara. Dolly Lash doesn't have aftercare. The first brand I trained with Sugar lash also has no aftercare product. There are keratin lotions out there... but here in Canada they tend to be out of stock or have really bad bulk pricing. Like 25$ per tube bulk pricing meaning I would have to retail it pretty high or lose money on shipping, duties etc. Ive just ordered a keratin lotion meant for brows and lashes as it was the cheapest I could find to retail reasonably to clients.

May I ask where you purchased your keratin lotion?

I use elleebana and they only have the mascara which no one wants mascara. Dolly Lash doesn't have aftercare. The first brand I trained with Sugar lash also has no aftercare product. There are keratin lotions out there... but here in Canada they tend to be out of stock or have really bad bulk pricing. Like 25$ per tube bulk pricing meaning I would have to retail it pretty high or lose money on shipping, duties etc. Ive just ordered a keratin lotion meant for brows and lashes as it was the cheapest I could find to retail reasonably to clients.

So alot of my clients are coming back with super brittle lashes after lifts. They aren't listening and are not applying or even purchasing aftercare for their lashes. I have the option of bringing in a 30$ keratin lotion to retail to them or just bottling up some individual castor oil and selling it for like $5. I' tempted to just go the castor oil route as I've been reading about the effectiveness of putting keratin back into hair and how it has to be the right type of keratin etc. Basically they just need something to keep the lashes soft after these lifts. Thoughts?

I am one to try myself before I tell clients about it. So I purchased a high quality castor oil, cold pressed organic kind. So far its three weeks and I do notice my lashes looking thicker and longer. And thats with my own lash lift. I gave some to my sister to try out and she has seen good results too. I just bought small ziplocs and threw in some microswabs and disposable mascara wands for her to apply and brush out. I just purchased little glass bottles and will be bottling them up for resale to clients. If you could also share where you got your keratin lotion i would appreciate it.

Does the castor oil affect the tint?

So I also purchased the castor oil and mascara tubes off of Amazon and bottled it up to sell for $5. At least they have something. My clients are actually buying the keratin lotion too since I did alot of research and now explain the keratin fills in the missing bonds in the lash.
I purchased from Lash Forever since I'm in Canada and wanted to avoid the duties. It' an HD brow and lash product but I figured it' got the keratin and I think all these brands purchase and private label from the same place.
If you search Keratin Lotion wholesale I think there are even more companies in the UK that retail them.

Does the castor oil affect the tint?

I havent had a tint done as I have dark lashes already. But i do have semi-permanent mascara and it did remove it fast as opposed to lasting the full 4 weeks. I would assume so.

So I also purchased the castor oil and mascara tubes off of Amazon and bottled it up to sell for $5. At least they have something. My clients are actually buying the keratin lotion too since I did alot of research and now explain the keratin fills in the missing bonds in the lash.
I purchased from Lash Forever since I'm in Canada and wanted to avoid the duties. It' an HD brow and lash product but I figured it' got the keratin and I think all these brands purchase and private label from the same place.
If you search Keratin Lotion wholesale I think there are even more companies in the UK that retail them.

Im in canada as well and also lash forever trained. Will be lookig into this, thanks for the info!

Lashbase. In the UK has one

By the way, glass amber bottles on amazon is mlre cost effective than those tubes and works just as well. The amber also preserve the properties of the oil and prevent sun exposure. Just give your clients some disposable mascara and microswabs for application

By the way, glass amber bottles on amazon is mlre cost effective than those tubes and works just as well. The amber also preserve the properties of the oil and prevent sun exposure. Just give your clients some disposable mascara and microswabs for application
Thanks! I really only give them a little bit as it is so gloopy. I also like the little stopper on the mascara tubes that gets rid of excess product! If they care about value they can go buy a whole bottle for 7$! But most just want something on the spot that's cheap enough i think I'm just breaking even on it all but I really hope my repeat clients start coming back with healthier lashes!

Thanks! I really only give them a little bit as it is so gloopy. I also like the little stopper on the mascara tubes that gets rid of excess product! If they care about value they can go buy a whole bottle for 7$! But most just want something on the spot that's cheap enough i think I'm just breaking even on it all but I really hope my repeat clients start coming back with healthier lashes!

Exactly. Ive bottled mine up in 3ml glass amber bottles. Its more than enough and a little goes a long way. I sell for $5and people have no problem with that. I have a small display in my studio and have a sign that says "for your convenience" because it really is just that, providing clients a convenient solution as opposed to having them run out and bombard you with questions on what to buy. Even with the $5 price i dont make much but they are super appreciative that I have ready to purchase products for them. Happy customers, repeat clients and referrals. Thats your ultimate goal. I also stock oil free makeup removers and cotton pads so they can leave my studio with everything they need.

Actually just received my Lash Forever order and I'm pretty upset. The ingredients are listed on the tube and theres no keratin or ginko as listed in the description! I've emailed them so I'll see what they say. But be forwarned!

Actually just received my Lash Forever order and I'm pretty upset. The ingredients are listed on the tube and theres no keratin or ginko as listed in the description! I've emailed them so I'll see what they say. But be forwarned!

Oh my gosh, thank you for the heads up! I had them in my shopping cart!

Latest posts

Back