Brown dye turned jet black

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

curlqueen44

Reaction score
hi i really need help with my hair :(

i had wine red hair for a few months now (gold well 7vv+6rr) and i decided i wanted to have dark chocolate brown hair. the red was slightly faded plus i had 2 inches of black roots so i decided to get it done in a professional salon. they put a wella 5 on the lengths and a base color, and then an ash toner because the red was still peaking through. When it was all done my hair was basically black and the red was still there :( now I'm sitting here with black hair and i don't know what to do, is there any way to get it brown?!

Have u asked the salon to rectify it? Level 5 is quite a deep brown anyway maybe it's a bit of a shock to you going from the red/violet which I know is quite bright

How do you know what they put on your hair?

Have u asked the salon to rectify it? Level 5 is quite a deep brown anyway maybe it's a bit of a shock to you going from the red/violet which I know is quite bright

How do you know what they put on your hair?

they were talking about what to put on my hair after the first rinse so i overheard :p she said it would get lighter after a few washes, and my hair looked much lighter in the salon, but now that i got home its soooo black :(

My hair always looks darker at home too, it's perfect in work but I'm sure it's yellow at home lol! The first thing I think you should do is ask the salon to fix it for you, they should do it no problem, explain that you think it's too dark and looks black and they should rectify it for you, telling you it'll come out after a few shampoos isn't very professional IMO as a colour shouldn't fade really, the problem also is as the colour does fade out more red will show through because it wasn't removed or nutralised in the 1'st place. It can be fixed and as you have already paid them they should sort it for you

My hair always looks darker at home too, it's perfect in work but I'm sure it's yellow at home lol! The first thing I think you should do is ask the salon to fix it for you, they should do it no problem, explain that you think it's too dark and looks black and they should rectify it for you, telling you it'll come out after a few shampoos isn't very professional IMO as a colour shouldn't fade really, the problem also is as the colour does fade out more red will show through because it wasn't removed or nutralised in the 1'st place. It can be fixed and as you have already paid them they should sort it for you

do you think i should wash it a few times and if it doesnt get better ill go back to them? i don't really want to make a scene because i know the people at the salon and they are very sweet to me lol but i don't like how my hair looks at all and i specifically asked for a chocolate brown, i even showed her a pic. and if i may ask, how would you rectify my color? :) (I'm assuming you're a professional)

do you think i should wash it a few times and if it doesnt get better ill go back to them? i don't really want to make a scene because i know the people at the salon and they are very sweet to me lol but i don't like how my hair looks at all and i specifically asked for a chocolate brown, i even showed her a pic. and if i may ask, how would you rectify my color? :) (I'm assuming you're a professional)

I am a professional ☺️ lol, I wouldn't have done it the way they did in the first place, but I'm not here to rag off other people's techniques, I can't give out a specific method on how to correct it because the rules of the site are pros mustn't give out info like that to no pros (sorry)

You can try washing it, but as I said the red is going to become more prominent, which won't result in chocolate, can you upload the pic you showed them & a pic of yours now?

You don't need to make a scene to ask for it to be rectified just simply show them the pic and point out it's not what you asked for, if their really so sweet they won't mind at all

There is a very fine line between 'dark chocolate brown' and black....black to one person, is brown to another.....
IMO, black has a 'cooler' slightly blue hue.....
Also, condition of hair has a huge bearing on the final result, especially if we are talking about long hair, having varying porosity along its length.
Sometimes, as well trained and talented as we might be,.....there are limitations, and managing a clients expectations is a skill we should spend more time honing.
Only you know what was discussed at consultation, and what was 'promised'.

I am a professional ☺️ lol, I wouldn't have done it the way they did in the first place, but I'm not here to rag off other people's techniques, I can't give out a specific method on how to correct it because the rules of the site are pros mustn't give out info like that to no pros (sorry)

You can try washing it, but as I said the red is going to become more prominent, which won't result in chocolate, can you upload the pic you showed them & a pic of yours now?

You don't need to make a scene to ask for it to be rectified just simply show them the pic and point out it's not what you asked for, if their really so sweet they won't mind at all

this is the pic i showed them of the color i wanted:
http://i.imgur.com/f2ELK7A.png

This is my hair right now:

Imgur

Imgur

Hmm.. From technical perspective it's not too far off, the lady in the pic is in the sunshine too so it appears lighter where the sun is on it, I see a lot of red in yours tho

Hmm.. From technical perspective it's not too far off, the lady in the pic is in the sunshine too so it appears lighter where the sun is on it, I see a lot of red in yours tho

is there any way i can neutralize the red at home? do you still think i should go back to the salon?

I'm not aware of a product you could use at home, yes I think you should get back in touch with the salon, it's a lot more red than the picture

Latest posts

Back