Buffing & Strengtheners??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Curzy

Reaction score
Hi

Need some quick advise.

I have a new client who is using the OPI nail strengthener which really seems to be working. I am a bit confused as to whether or not she should still buff her nails.

My college said that buffing your nails encourages growth etc which my client wants but would the buffing not remove the strenthener?

Very confused - please help!!!

Yep buffings the way to go but B 4 she puts her strengthner on!

Take care
Jayneym
Curzy said:
Hi

Need some quick advise.

I have a new client who is using the OPI nail strengthener which really seems to be working. I am a bit confused as to whether or not she should still buff her nails.

My college said that buffing your nails encourages growth etc which my client wants but would the buffing not remove the strenthener?

Very confused - please help!!!

Buffing is really negligible in the nail growth department. All it does is stimulate blood flow. To get any noticeable difference, she would have to buff so much the nail would get buffed away!

Tell her to get prego - that really makes a difference!

I have found that a buff once a month is ok but if you are doing it on a regular basis you could be thinning the nail plate. Certain strenghteners contain fomeldehyde which if over used or not used correctly can have the reverse effect of strengthening the nail and making it brittle. I personally use Toughen Up which contains no formeldehyde but contains DMU which is cross linking to add strength to the nail. Hths
David.

The Nail Geek said:
Buffing is really negligible in the nail growth department. All it does is stimulate blood flow. To get any noticeable difference, she would have to buff so much the nail would get buffed away!

Tell her to get prego - that really makes a difference!

Unfortunatly this client is 55ish years old so could be a bit difficult!!! LOL :Scared:

I will mention your suggestion though - she will find it very amusing

Latest posts

Back