Building A Beauty Business Within A Hair Salon

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ASHLE

Reaction score
Hi,

I am working as a mobile therapist and have taken a room on (saturdays only) within a hair salon. I am looking for ideas to boost my client base.

I have started by putting various treatments on special. i would like advice on how to boost my client base.

The room is very small so i am doing nail treatments within the hair salon. I have decided against massage and facial treatments due to the noise (the room is only partitioned). I am doing all or just about all eye, nail and waxing treatments.

Any advice???

I have posters in the window and have done leaflet drops. I have had about 15 bookings over the first 3 saturdays and have spent my free time doing complimentary file and polishes.

Hi, im not sure how you could get new clients, i suppose if you continue doing leaflet drops, advertising in local newspapers (although this can be expensive!). carry business cards with you at all times, vistaprint do some nice ones which are good prices aswell.

Once you have built up some clients you could do loyalty cards and maybe offers for existing clients if they bring a friend along for their next treatment.

A salon i worked in used to make a basic record card for every single client, taking their name, birthday, address, telephone number and email address. They then used to send out birthday cards with a 20% discount voucher if used within a certain time period. On days when the salon was very quiet they would send texts to clients sayingthat if they made an appointment on that day for treatments over x amount they recieved a discount. Also, if they wanted to do some offers but didnt have the funds to do leaflet drops/local papers they would send emails to existing clients to try and gain more custom.

sorry its a long one, just thought i would point out some things you can do once you build up a client base to try and keep them happy and coming back to you.

good luck hun x x x

Latest posts

Back