"C" curve pinchers

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hawte

Certified Nail Technician
Reaction score
I am currently in school learning acrylic nails. I am having a hard time with the "c" curve. I've watched a few videos on YouTube where the nail tech used a c curve pincher but there was no real demonstration on the correct way to put it on. I asked my teacher and she said she doesn't believe in them and that it is "cheating". I tried it at home and just ended up squishing my acrylic and making a mess. Does anyone have any advice or tips I could try? TIA

I can't help too much with "how to put them on", but want to caution you about pinching in general. Pinching can create a lot of pressure between the nail plate and the bed that is "locked in" when the product cures. That can lead to discomfort, onycholysis and pocket lifting (which can lead to greenies).

There is nothing wrong with a little pinch to slim the nail as long as it doesn't pull the plate. There is a small snippet on pinching (without tools) here

Hope this helps!

Latest posts

Back