Calling all my hair extension geek pals

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

endless

Reaction score
Hi ladies,
well, its very rare i come on here asking for extension advice,
but ive done a consultation today for a lady,and im just looking to order hare hair tonight, but im unsure of who to order from, the way i work is, i offer different prices for different hair qualities,therefore always end up with the same profit for myself,this lady is a lower budget client,but im really keen to impress her, shes definately a good client for me to have.And she doesnt require the normal amount, or length i normally need to order per client,so im thinking i can maybe compromise a little length and amount, for quality? I would be looking at fitting 150 16" #60 pre-bonded, and i dont even mind if it eats into my usual profit.
Shes a #60,and a couple of my normal suppliers are out of this at the minuite,has anyone got any ideas?
Kate xx

P.S, i wont even take notice of any hair extension companies sales/marketing reps, we can spot you a mile off!! : ))

I'll PM you. x

Hi ladies,
well, its very rare i come on here asking for extension advice,
but ive done a consultation today for a lady,and im just looking to order hare hair tonight, but im unsure of who to order from, the way i work is, i offer different prices for different hair qualities,therefore always end up with the same profit for myself,this lady is a lower budget client,but im really keen to impress her, shes definately a good client for me to have.And she doesnt require the normal amount, or length i normally need to order per client,so im thinking i can maybe compromise a little length and amount, for quality? I would be looking at fitting 150 16" #60 pre-bonded, and i dont even mind if it eats into my usual profit.
Shes a #60,and a couple of my normal suppliers are out of this at the minuite,has anyone got any ideas?
Kate xx

P.S, i wont even take notice of any hair extension companies sales/marketing reps, we can spot you a mile off!! : ))

You're worrying me Kate if you don't know God knows who will lol!

Foxy for lower end budget! I've not fitted many of theirs but have fitted blondes and they seem fine, lasted 13weeks on one last x

I've started using 16" in lots of my fittings to reduce costs without having to go too low budget. Even when fitting 18" I use the 16" to layer up the top - saves me money and less cutting ha ha! My usual supplier has only just introduced this so not really sourced any before but it's saving me quite a lot. Although I've just noticed you said you wanted 16" in the first place so this probably isn't going to help you at all !!!! I've mentioned many a time that I do my pricing research per strand as most companies sell in packs of 20, my supplier sells in packs of 25 so it soon brings the overall price down. If you do find a really good low budget supplier please share as i think this is really hard!! x

I know! So hard. Maybe we should all travel to India and find the best supplier and bulk order together! Haha.

I have actually seriously thought about doing this. Would be great to do it with other extensionists as we really know what we want in good hair! Plus I have always wanted to go to India.

I too have also always wanted to go to India, apparently they have cows just roaming the streets? lol!

Although I have been told before that most of the Indian hair manufactureres are actually in China,but hey, China could be pretty cool too!?
x

Cows are sacred over there!!

Yeah almost all hair comes from factories in China, even if it sourced form Europe, India etc. It would be pretty cool put pretty sure it would be a massive culture shock and trying to sift through the good and the bad. But most of them are in a very concentrated area, but it would still be a struggle. But I do actually one day want to do it if I want to supply my own hair brand in the future. This struggle to find the best hair possible is such a pain.

When are we going? haha

Cows are sacred over there!!

Yeah almost all hair comes from factories in China, even if it sourced form Europe, India etc. It would be pretty cool put pretty sure it would be a massive culture shock and trying to sift through the good and the bad. But most of them are in a very concentrated area, but it would still be a struggle. But I do actually one day want to do it if I want to supply my own hair brand in the future. This struggle to find the best hair possible is such a pain.

When are we going? haha

now!! im sooo stressed,lol!!
x

Wait for me !! I will get my jabs ! lol

Haha!! I'm serious! I would stand out so much in China though. Blonde and 5'11! No but I really will go one day. I am such a perfectionist with my work and quality hair is number one and also good customer service. I just ordered samples from 10 more places to do my gruesome 1 month test on. I will find the best deal one day :)

Hey fellow proffessionals I am a new geekette, basically looking for a new supplier which seems a huge subject on here!!

Right currently I offer balmain hair which is fab but pricey. I would like to be able to find a consistently high quality hair supplier which cover medium price range hair, forget halo lush us ect I personally dont think their prebonds are good enough Ive tried them before!!!! Any feedback on celeb elite hair? pauls world ect? or any others i may have missed.

@ the extensionist I would definately be interested in sourcing directly from the manufacturer!! no joke I want to set my standards high and keep my prices competitive as there is too many young girls doing cheap courses and nicking my business around here offering ridiculously cheap prices ( although have to say i have got a few new clients lately from fixing theyre shoddy work!!) but thats another story!!

Please advise any good bad experiences with the hair/glue on prebonds/ stick tip 1g hair thank you!!!

Latest posts

Back