can i ask a really dumb question?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nuttynikki

Reaction score
ok, all iwant to know is as im new to this, can someone explain an infill for me? is it just zone 3 repair?
sorry if its a dumb question, i was scared to ask but then i thought this is what this site is about! so any replies appreciated
thanks
xxx

Hi Nikki

Have a look at Geeg's tutorials. They go into great detail regaurding infills, rebalance and filing..!

Vicky x

nuttynikki said:
ok, all iwant to know is as im new to this, can someone explain an infill for me? is it just zone 3 repair?
sorry if its a dumb question, i was scared to ask but then i thought this is what this site is about! so any replies appreciated
thanks
xxx

nuttynikki said:
thanks
xxx

Hi Nikki,
Its not a dumb question we all learn't the answers to our question from someone :biggrin:
An Infill is what you do every 2-3 weeks when the natural nail as grown and is showing below the product. The product is buffed down in zone 3 and then reapplied.
Hths

thanks lell! ur a star, ive got a friend coming tomorrow for a rebalance and ive seen a lot of guys mention doing infills so i wasnt sure if they were the same or not!

xxx

Well, hon, really they are not the same.

To me an infill is just replacing zone 3 or the area of regrowth. If all you ever do is that, then you will have an unbalanced enhancement and the nails will start to break.

Both for balance and for beauty, nails have to be rebalanced in every zone.

If you go to www.designernails.com and click on NVQ and then Unit4 and then rebalance you will see the complete instructions for rebalancing.

Just out of interest why do you not know how to do this?? Have you had training? Surely this most important part of the service would have been covered in class???.

hi geeg, in the 4 day fc folder we have there wasnt anything about infills just rebalance, i have printed the nvq element 4 for future reference, i did have an idea but just wanted to clarify.

cheers
xx

nuttynikki said:
hi geeg, in the 4 day fc folder we have there wasnt anything about infills just rebalance, i have printed the nvq element 4 for future reference, i did have an idea but just wanted to clarify.

cheers
xx

Ok I get you now. The reason for that is that Creative teach never to just fill.
Fill creates problems later. Always have a rebalance attitude which will prevent problems occuring. Be preventative NOT corrective. HTH

yeh i agree geeg, thanx for ur help though i do appreciate it

xx

geeg said:
Ok I get you now. The reason for that is that Creative teach never to just fill.
Fill creates problems later. Always have a rebalance attitude which will prevent problems occuring. Be preventative NOT corrective. HTH

Gigi,

Sorry, confused by the meaning here.... by 'never to just fill' do you mean never only do infills with no rebalancing? or never to just fill and we should be rebalancing at each appointment? I'm guessing it's the former but just wanted to make sure.

Thanks

Always conduct the maintenance appointment with rebalancing the whole enhancement in mind.

To only fill in a space of regrowth at this appointment will cause problems later on.

There are the very odd exceptions to the rule (as always), such as if the client's nail growth is so slow that her nails are still in balance at that maintenance appointment ... then you could fill at one appointment and rebalance at the next one. Keep good client record cards to ensure you are on schedual.

Latest posts

Back