Can I do a lash tint and then the lash lift?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fifisbeauty

Reaction score
Hi,

I have recently got my certificate for lash lift with Elleebana products, but i have to do case studies for tinting to get my tinting certificate.

Most people want a lash lift and not just the lash tint... so my question is , can i tint their lashes first (and use the before and after pics for my case studies) and then do the lash lift?

I was shown in my training to do lash lift and tint with the rods still on- but my trainer said really i need to be practicing just the lash tint ready for my assessment?

Will it damage the lashes, or affect the lash lift timings if i tint first?

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks,

Fi

Unfortunately I don’t think so. I’m pretty sure the lift won’t take if a Tint has been applied first

Unfortunately I don’t think so. I’m pretty sure the lift won’t take if a Tint has been applied first
Okay, thankyou for the reply :)

I dont think the tint should effect the Lifting process as long as the lashes have been cleansed and dried off properly but I do think the perm lotion could lighten the tinted lashes, so for assessment purposes only I can't see why you couldn't tint, take pics, then do the lash lift and if the lashes didn't look dark enough after, apply a bit more tint before taking pics?

The perm will lighten the tint....always do the lift first ;)

Always lift first and tint after :) you can still do a before and after pic after you’ve done the lift

The hair follicle wound have been processed, making it easier for the tint molecules to enter the hair... it will process more quickly too

It is better to tint during the lifting process and the development time is shorter but you can tint first and then lift without any problems

Thanks everyone :)

Have another question- How soon after a Lash Lift could i do another lift on a client? I did one last night and it didnt come out as curled as i wanted, i woukd leave the perm on for a few mins extra now i know her lashes :)

Have another question- How soon after a Lash Lift could i do another lift on a client? I did one last night and it didnt come out as curled as i wanted, i woukd leave the perm on for a few mins extra now i know her lashes :)

I was taught no sooner than 6 weeks, even if they haven't lifted well because they've still been through the process. If you do it again too soon you'll "frazzle" the lashes.

Last edited:

6 weeks

Latest posts

Back