Can I please have steps in my hair?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bluerinse

Reaction score
Just sat thinking of stupid things clients ask for....anyone else get these?

I once had an old woman who asked for lines in her hair after talking with and trying to figure what she meant I realised she meant highlights lol x

Iv seen someone who actually did have steps in her hair, a level one student who had just got her kit and thought she was now ready to go snipping put "layers" in her friends hair by pulling out rows and cutting, all we could do was take her to shoulder length to try and blend them haha.

Yesterday was a mad one, can I have it really light blonde but not dead light you know like yours (mines bleached white) but not lighter. Xoxo

Iv seen someone who actually did have steps in her hair, a level one student who had just got her kit and thought she was now ready to go snipping put "layers" in her friends hair by pulling out rows and cutting, all we could do was take her to shoulder length to try and blend them haha.

Yesterday was a mad one, can I have it really light blonde but not dead light you know like yours (mines bleached white) but not lighter. Xoxo

Oh the best is when people are blonde all over, and want to "break" it up...they don't want it dark.... Or yellowy(gold) or be able to tell its got another colour in??? Wtf?!? Really?

I actually did some foils once with conditioner...the client loved the colour I'd put through!!

Oh the best is when people are blonde all over, and want to "break" it up...they don't want it dark.... Or yellowy(gold) or be able to tell its got another colour in??? Wtf?!? Really?

I actually did some foils once with conditioner...the client loved the colour I'd put through!!

Omg really I would rather lose a client to my honesty that keep one by totally lieing to them :-#

Sent from my LT18i using SalonGeek

Omg really I would rather lose a client to my honesty that keep one by totally lieing to them :-#

Sent from my LT18i using SalonGeek

The same when they say can you take a tiny bit more off the length...and I think it's fine...you pretend to cut...they all of a sudden love the length!? They don't actually want anything done these clients just like to feel they know better and want a bit of a moan... X

'How many layers have you put in?'

I put in about 600 layers, you know each piece of hair is slightly a different length, as layers normally are xoxo

Reactions: bnc
I have a regular client who has fine waist length hair , who wanted a graduated bob , but still keeping her hair like -waist length you know like waist length! I thought maybe she had seen a fashion photo that I had seen , with the back shoulder length disconected to long at the front , but no apparently not , so we decided to leave it long , but each time she'd ask again! I said she would have to bring me a picture or draw a diagram , whenever we would try something different shed hate it and grow it back to one length waist so I really didnt want to screw it up!

I love it when they say 'I don't really know what I want, but I don't want..............' and before u know it the have actually described exactly what they do want!

'Can I have about 3 layers put in?' - you cannot count how many layers I put in!

'i don't want anything off the length' -and your thinking you sure as hell need it love!

'can you make me bleach blonde but not white or golden and not yellowy' - do care to explain what blonde you are referring to then?

Haha I think people like to all ask the same questions all around the world I guess they just don't understand the way hair works hahah x

I want a complete restyle....can you leave my length though...and a tiny bit off my layers!!

So not s restyle then?

I want a complete restyle....can you leave my length though...and a tiny bit off my layers!!

So not s restyle then?

...but I want it to look different cuz I'm a bit bored of it, but don't take too much off...'

Though not a hair geek these have made me laugh! I never know if my hairdresser likes me or u stress her out lol. Im the one who spends months growing it then next appointment im like ive had enough chop it off, usually to a frankie saturdays style/length so i do mean it when i say so lol

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

Or can I have another layer there please !! Lol

I wanna go blonde, but not blonde blonde , lol

Asking for blonde but they don't have peroxide on it :-& mmmmmm?

These have made me chuckle tonight!

I get asked most of these randomly throughout the week and by saturdays im like "1 layer or 2"!
Or "ok we can go blonde but it will be more gold if you dont want high lift is that ok"" To which the reply is normally "yeah that sounds fab Bek,il go with whatever you decide,your the hairdresser,not me "

I do love my clients :hug:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back