Can i put L&P in zone 1 and gel in 2 & 3???

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Emmajt

Shopaholic Geek
Reaction score
I know this is probably going to sound a daft question - but it just popped into my little brain as i was trying to go to sleep last night and now it's starting to bug me:irked:

I've just ordered a few more nailgraphix colours from Fiona:D and it got me thinking as to whether i could use them with gel?

I don't mean mix them with gel, i mean use the nail graphix glitter mixed with my usual powder in zone 1 and then my usual gel in zones 2 & 3?

I've started using my gel more and more recently, but i've not got many colours and none of the ones i've got are as fab and glittery as my nail graphix ones.

The only thing i can think that might effect things is that my powder is Creative and my gel is IBD - would that make it a problem??

Oh and also i suppose the fact that i wouldn't be buffing zone one before i apply gel in zone 2&3.:irked:

I've probably confused everyone know eh!!

Any advice/comments welcome though:D

Hi Emma, I will get them in the post today (hopefully)

I know quite a few people who use L&P for Zone 1 as they find it easier to get a crisp smile with L&P but they prefer the shininess of gel so mix both.

naturalnails said:
Hi Emma, I will get them in the post today (hopefully)

I know quite a few people who use L&P for Zone 1 as they find it easier to get a crisp smile with L&P but they prefer the shininess of gel so mix both.

Hi Fiona,

No rush with the colours, (and sorry for the mix up the other day).

You hit the nail on the head there though in the fact that my smile lines are definitely a lot crisper with the nailgraphix glitters (probably because they take a tad longer to set).

Guess i'll be experimenting at the weekend now - beats Christmas shopping eh!!;)

Thanks for the reply

oh yes, i do this quite a bit. its great for when you want to do funky stuff like fionas fab glitters. and its also a brilliantly practical combination , you get the strength of the l/p tip for those who knock 'em about a bit and the fabulous flex and no lift qualities of gel. its real easy, i do the normal prep, do all the tips, apply bonder gel and cure then add my builder, cure. then file and gloss.takes me no longer than a full l/p set.

angel fingers said:
oh yes, i do this quite a bit. its great for when you want to do funky stuff like fionas fab glitters. and its also a brilliantly practical combination , you get the strength of the l/p tip for those who knock 'em about a bit and the fabulous flex and no lift qualities of gel. its real easy, i do the normal prep, do all the tips, apply bonder gel and cure then add my builder, cure. then file and gloss.takes me no longer than a full l/p set.

Ooh cheers for that matey, just what i wanted to hear (with regards to the application process).

I want to go home now and pratice:D

Let us know how you go, wouldnt mind giving it a go myself
xxx;)

Rachel Mary said:
Let us know how you go, wouldnt mind giving it a go myself
xxx;)

Will do matey.xx

Latest posts

Back