Can you beleive the cheek of clients!!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bev Rose

Reaction score
I've been doing a clients nails (L&P) for almost a year now. She'll have a set on, have a couple of infills and i'll not see her for a month or so, then she'll come back and we'll start again. She is a single mum & works part-time too.

Had her in my diary for this lunchtime, got a text off her on Wed morning cancelling as she said she was a bit short this week. Ok i said no problem, speak to you soon etc.

Get this - got a text last night from her saying, when i go to her house on sat night for the firework party, could i do her nails, as her mate who's learning at college has taken my nails off & put a new set on her and done it wrong & they are dull & need buffing up! Bloody cheek!

I've just text back saying i'm very sorry, i don't touch other peoples work (i would these days, but never used to) and the likelyhood is that if they are on wrong, they'll need to come off!!

Am I being too harsh?

I dont think you are being too harsh.

I certainly would not do them during a firework party - what a cheek - how come she was hard up to have them done today but miraculously she has money tomorrow - or was it to be a freebie - firework party costs one set of nails LOL.

I would be tempted to fix them for her but charge your usual price but give no guarantees if she has any problems. This obviously does depend on the state of them - if they are beyond repair then they will need soaked off and redone.

I can understand how you feel and I do not think you are wrong.

Clients still do not have the respect they should have for good technicians and I think still believe that they can get the same job from anyone which is why they are tempted by cheap offers and volunteer themselves to students etc.

I think I would say that she would not be helping the student by you correcting her work and that is also unfair to you as a professional to ask you to do so. If you go to a student, you cannot expect great nails and that is the risk you take when you have them done by a student.

Mmmmmmmm...... is she expecting the next set of nails at the fireworks party to be a freebie or is she prepared to pay? My guess would be (and I may be wrong here) that she cancelled you because she found that she could get a freebie from her mate at college and has now realized that the freebie hasn't worked out well. Fair enough, however, she seems to be very inconsistent in having her nails done by you which ends up costing her more money in the long run because she constantly has to start with new sets. Perhaps you could offer to do them for her from scratch but for your normal fee and BEFORE the party, not during. Then you would also need to tell her that if she wants her enhancements to be cost effective (thus saving her pocket in the long term) she needs to keep regular appointments with you. This is just what I think and hope it helps.

Some people just dont have a clue do they!

I am going out on the town tonight for my mates birthday and one of my girlfriends who is going has asked if I can lug all my stuff round and give her a manicure when we meet at our other friends house first! Er...NO!!!

This is your time off! enjoy yourself!

xx

I think your all right in what you say, Geeg's opinion about not correcting her work is a good point.

I would not do her nails for free, because I believe my work, my time & experience has a value that people are happy to pay for, so she'd be out of luck there!

Seem's to me as tho the freebie from the student seemed like a good offer if she was a bit strapped for cash too.

I'm contemplating not going to the fireworks party now, after all we should never mix business with pleasure & does it not cause complacentcy? Is that a word!

no your not being harsh.Cheek!!!You should let the student correct her work so she can lern from it.Defeats the object a bit getting a nail tech in to do it.

Just to let you all know the outcome of this is:-

Client has booked in for a soak & new set, but i'm having to make her wait until the 15th, not purposly, just getting a bit busy again, thank god!

I've cancelled the firework party as something else has come up. Really!;) And she was ok about it. I suppose she'll cancel her appointment next week!

Well huns, i know how you all feel. had a woman ring me last night and ask me if i could fit her in at short notice, which i have done even tho i'm knackered. it's now an hour after her appt was due and i'm still waiting (well, actually i'm not waiting anymore because i've come on here) so i've sent her a polite text asking her if she forgot her appt and would she like to rebook? no answer back yet.

So, thinking ahead i thought i'll just ring another new client who has booked in for the first time with her mother tomorrow to check she is coming, as she said she would ring for directions nearer the time and she hadn't rang yet so i was getting suspicious (and it's an early morning one and i could really do with a lie in, rather than get up and wait for someone who's not gonna turn up) and she tells me its a good job i phoned as she lost my details!!! and her mother is no longer coming!!!

If they booked in a salon would they take the mick just the same. For instance, if i booked me and my mom in for a hair appt and my mom couldn't make it, i would phone up the salon and say that i was cancelling her appt and keeping mine. people are soooo inconsiderate. Not to mention the fact that i rearranged appts to fit them both in at the same time! (fortunately the appt i rearranged was a friend i was doing for cheap so she didn't mind, but I would not have rearranged a full paying "real" client as i think that is bad for business). i can understand why people have card machines and take deposits!

she has now just texted me to tell me she's going to b half hour late!!!! how do you deal with clients like this without sounding rude?

I have never had to deal with this so can't be much help.

Its up to you if you still have time to do her nails but remember she is the one who is being rude not you! you are trying to run a business!

tigerlilli said:
I have never had to deal with this so can't be much help.

Its up to you if you still have time to do her nails but remember she is the one who is being rude not you! you are trying to run a business!

yes, i still have time to do her nails because her mom is supposed to be having hers done straight after and she told me when i rang her last night her mom is no longer coming!

well, i've now done them and i didn't say anything when she came because she rang me 10 mins after she texted to say she was really sorry and was still waiting for a taxi. The fact that she rang and it seemed to be the taxi firms fault kind of calmed me down because its more polite than a text init.

i feel like i've hijacked Bev Rose's thread here with my own problems. sorry Bev :o

I know EXACTLY how you feel here and no i don't think you are being too harsh!! the cheek of some people honsetly!!

im having a similar problem with a friend of mine. i do a ladys nails regular - then one day she didn't book an infill (which i thought a bit odd) - i found out its because my mate has bought one of them gel sets and uv lamps from argos for £50 and watched the video that comes with it and now thinks she is a pro and has been doing MY ladys nails for £15 a time i only found out when my lady came for to me for a repair on one of these gel nails my mate had done - i took one look at em and said well i haven't done these etc.....

when i asked my mate about it she admitted it then asked if id go round and do nail art for her (but on nail extensions she'd done cos they are better then the ones i do!!) HOW RUDE

sometimes i think i'd like to be friendless it would be less hassle

That is soooo rude that it actually made me laugh!!! I can't believe the nerve of some people. Not much of friend is she?!

I can just see her advert now -

Professional Nail Technician trained by House of Argos

With no proper training how will she recocognise and know how to deal with Contra-indications, Greenies.... the list is endless.
I personally wouldnt be putting art on for her - what will she say if someone asks about her nails? - do you want folk to think you are producing Argos standard nails? Tell her Argos also do an airbrushing kit :smack:

yeah good one i never thought of that lol!! xx

antonia
just to let u know. clients do it to salons aswell:(
for xmas week, run a cancellation book, and call all new sets the day b4 to check, and definately take a £10 deposit with new sets the week b4 xmas aswell.
people book them in when they're flush, and after they've done all their xmas shopping, they're broke!
so they are prone to not turning up for their appointment:mad:

great idea lisa

i think im going implement that one from tomorrow

i had a new client call me on friday wanting them done saturday and sat this week i had planned to book out anyway and she pleaded to have a full sent even saying that she would have to go to boots and get stick ons.

so me being me finally came down and said ok and booked her in.

other half took kids out and i got ready for her to arrive. no show even called her and mobile was switched off. it is annoying but she could of called. will think twice next time

It is annoying when you get people letting you down. My bigest annoyance though is being cancelled by text!!:evil: It's so impersonal.

My good clients always ring me and i respect that, but texts....ooh just don't get me started. I hate mobiles sometimes.

yeah i find texts rude too - i've had a few clients cancel by texts just as ive set off for their appointments. i ring earlier in the day now to make sure they still want to keep their appointment cos i got sick of packing all me stuff i me car setting off the 'beep beep' -text to say they couldnt make it. xx

Latest posts

Back