Can you beleive the cheek of clients!!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
the most annoying ones are the ones that BEG you to squeeze them in, then don't turn up, don't ring and don't even TEXT, and then when you call them they're phone is switched off. She best be lying in a hospital bed somewhere... otherwise she will be! HA HA. (can i say that on here? :biggrin: ).

Thing is, its really hard to take a deposit when you don't have a card machine and they ring up for the appointment. how do you get around that?

I can just see her advert now -

Professional Nail Technician trained by House of Argos

PMSL:biggrin:

hi antonia
it is hard sometimes with deposits with bookings taken over the phone.
as a salon, we either expect them to drop it in as we r local. or if the appointment is a week away at least, we ask them to send a cheque.
if the deposit isnt received by a day or 2 b4, then a call is made to cancel the appointment unless they can get the deposit in that day.
if i was mobile, i would think it worth driving to them to pick up the deposit.
at least when i was in the area.
if someone books for the next day and cant bring deposit in, the decision can only be made on instinct.
i would take a land line phone number and address.
they may still mess u around, but they may think twice if you have their details.
of course they may give u false details, the phone no u can check by calling later in the day, but there is only so much u can do to protect yourself.
we only do this near to xmas, when the likelyhood of people blowing u out is high, and the chance of u fitting someone else in at short notice is high.

if u are in a quieter time of yr, then this may seem unecessary.

i would seriously think about taking deposits for their 1st rebalance in the new yr also, as the ones that only wanted them for the xmas period very rarely call to cancel.
explain to them that if they give you 2 days notice, they can have their deposit back.

good luck, and hope you all take bucket loads of bookings in the run up to xmas!

liza smith said:
hi antonia
... or if the appointment is a week away at least, we ask them to send a cheque.
if the deposit isnt received by a day or 2 b4, then a call is made to cancel the appointment unless they can get the deposit in that day.
.... i would seriously think about taking deposits for their 1st rebalance in the new yr also, as the ones that only wanted them for the xmas period very rarely call to cancel.
explain to them that if they give you 2 days notice, they can have their deposit back.

good luck, and hope you all take bucket loads of bookings in the run up to xmas!

Thanks Liza, that's been a massive help. i'm def gonna do this for xmas bookings and the 1st rebalance after xmas. its a brill idea.

Latest posts

Back