can you reapply deodorant and makeup straight after a tan?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lotus blossom

Reaction score
this has just occured to me, as tonight ive had the essence of summer liquid by tantrick applied and yes i feel less sticky etc

so if i were to utilse this liquid for the daily tanners ,ie the ones who would come in during the day ie lunch breaks etc
would they be able to re apply their deodorant and their make up straight after the tan, or is there a time limit?

i must admit i still feel a skank as i havent showered but i dont feel sticky or anything
so would someone be able to reapply the said items and continue on their day ??
thanks in advance xx

Hi Lotus

As far as I'm aware, anything put on immediately after a tan could result in interfering with the development of the tan. Eg Deodorant can cause it to go green and make up (such as foundation) could rub the tan off slightly as applying.

Mascara, Lipstick maybe a light dusting of blusher would be acceptable, but I think I would be weary with deodorant and perfume.

You may have to check with your Tantrick Trainer for development times as I do not use this tan - however the rules of deodorant and make up apply to all tans not just Tantrick or any other particular brand .. hth :)

Hmmm....just thinking. Don't know specifically about deodorant with tantrick (i dust a bit of talc under my arms once dry and have no probs....but then I'm not a very sweaty betty!) I wouldn't however put much normal make-up on, in the way of foundation etc, as this would effect the tan.

But.....I think this could be another case of mineral makeup being a winner. Am using and loving Lily Lolo at the mo and don't think I'd have any problems putting it on straight after a spray tan, as long as its dried!

Any other Lily Lolo / other mineral make-up users tried it?

Sorry Nikki....sort of hijacking, but sort of on topic! :hug:

no probs lyndsay
xxx all opinions welcome
i acn imagine putting of foundation is a no ono, but what about powders as in the lily lilo products must be worth an investigation!!!

will def have to get some talc any particular brand better than others??
i appreciate all help on this thread thankyou xx

mmmmmmmmm you do ask some very intresting questions and for this one there is no definative answer.

Firstly.... although Essence of Summer is a water based hybrid liquid it is still a tanning product and should be treated just like the oil based liquids.

So lets treat the question as a generall one for spraytan liquids.

I would look at the application of perfumes ,make up etc as being safe to use without the possibility of causing any problems with the tan as being similar to the time reccomendations of taking a shower..I.E. the time after the DHA has been allowed to "set" in the skin..so I guess your looking 6hrs+

On the mineral based make up's I don't know about the content but I suspect this should be ok..maybe someone could give this a try to a discrete part of the body after a spraytan and let us know..I will make some investigation with our boffins also :eek:

On the point raised about customers being sprayed with EOS and returning back to work 5 min's later ...why would they want to put perfume on...they will already smell of strawberries and mellons after being sprayed. :hug:

On the mineral based make up's I don't know about the content but I suspect this should be ok..maybe someone could give this a try to a discrete part of the body after a spraytan and let us know..I will make some investigation with our boffins also :eek:

I'm on it! Am doing just that later today! Will be reporting back...so watch this space!

On the point raised about customers being sprayed with EOS and returning back to work 5 min's later ...why would they want to put perfume on...they will already smell of strawberries and mellons after being sprayed. :hug:

Good point re perfume - but during summer especially, which are some of our best tanning months, the need for deo still applies with quite e lot of people. Perhaps an aerosol deo, which is more powder like, would be better than a liquid/cream based one. Perhaps someone else could 'discreetly' test this one?

I had a spray tan a few months ago and used my Lily Lolo mineral make up after and it was fine.

I've heard of people having tans with their make up on, as they are going back to work straight away. They just have to be aware that the tan may not take as well with the makeup on, but who cares as they probably will put their makeup back on the next day anyway!

When a client has a tan with me and they feel a little 'sticky' I dust them ever so lightly with none perfume talc and a large dusting brush. It has to be very lightly to not move the tan. I dust under their arms, under their chin, creases of elbows and behind knees. Its great in the summer as the clients skin is sweaty the tan takes longer to dry and the talc just seems to take off the sticky feeling without causing any detriment to the tan itself.

The way is to dip your dusting brush in the talc (I use a bowl with a bit of talc sprinkled into the bottom) brush off any excess talc with your hands then with the lightest of light strokes whaft the brush across the sticky areas and it does the trick nicely.

I don't think I would use perfume or deoderant for the first 4 hours post tan to avoid any reaction.

Latest posts

Back