Can you use Gelish base and top coat with other brands?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

claireyfairy

Reaction score
As the title says really, ive heard this is it true? (with the exception of shellac) I mainly use shellac but bought some gelish to try so would be handy if I can trial other gel polishes as well without buying the whole lot. thanks x

I would caution against this for many reasons. But here is the most practical: You will never be able to really evaluate a product this way. Adhesion is an essential part of the evaluation and that is the job of the base coat. Performance will be determined by how the colours adhere to the base and top coat. And the whole thing will be influenced by the light required to correctly cure them all!

What about contacting the company you want to try out? They could have an educator or a store in your local area which could give you a far better experience evaluating the product than this direction.

Best of luck!

Gelish has advertised that their base and top coats can be used with other brands' color coats. However, some brands, notably CND Shellac, have said that no component of their system should be used with other brands.

Latest posts

Back