Cancer and nails

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The beauty lady

Reaction score
Hi I have a lady who has just been diagnosed with Hodgskons lymphoma. She hasn't started chemo yet and she would like her nails done. Just want some reassurance that this will be ok? Just for gel polish
Thanks x

Nope, chemo will probably cause onycholisis and she may well loose her nails completely. Acetone is very drying and will just add more problems. You can manicure, as long as you are super gentle and careful. Once the nails start to seperate from the nailbed she will be more prone to greenies so if using polish be aware you may be masking this and find it when removing the colour.

She hasn't started treatment yet. She has a few weeks before it begins. I would take it off before hand. She also asked about ibx instead of gel during treatments of chemo x

She hasn't started treatment yet. She has a few weeks before it begins. I would take it off before hand. She also asked about ibx instead of gel during treatments of chemo x

If she hasn't started treatment yet then yes go ahead.

Personally I found IBX too brittle for my nails (naturally soft and bend) which caused breakage across the stress area. I personally wouldn't put it on someone with onycholisis, the best thing for her will be plenty of Solar Oil to keep the nails in the best health as possible. Keep them super short too

Oki doki. I'll pass the information on. Thanks for helping

Latest posts

Back