Carpel tunnel?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lydia c

Reaction score
I'm nearly 35 weeks pregnant and i am suffering really badly with carpel tunnel , wrist splints not working , elevating arms not working , paracetamol doesn't help neither does ice !!! I'm waking every hour can't feel my fingers and pain all the way up my forearm !! All I get off people is not long left and it will go away after birth but 5 weeks seems so long [emoji30][emoji30] has anyone else had this or have this what do you do for relief ? X

There are some really good videos on YouTube that show what exercises you need to do.
Worked really well for my hubby

There are some really good videos on YouTube that show what exercises you need to do.
Worked really well for my hubby
Will have a look thankyou it's making me so angry and frustrated at night [emoji4] will definitely have a look X

I got it when I was pregnant and tried the splints but I couldn't work or sleep with them on.
Unfortunately I still have it now probably due to work and I wake often and always have completely numb fingers or pins and needles. I've just accepted it now.

I have it too now and mine flares up randomly I wear my splint and I've noticed my knuckles swell up bad. I'm going to try get the cortisone injection u can have that after baby is born
But keep it moving I find that helps

I know it's horrible really hope it goes after birth [emoji30]

Mines the left wrist which ones yours

Both but worse on the right , it's mainly night where it annoys most X

Ah so feel for you , I had this when I was pregnant but it did go when I had my baby , hang in there xxx

I'm nearly 35 weeks pregnant and i am suffering really badly with carpel tunnel , wrist splints not working , elevating arms not working , paracetamol doesn't help neither does ice !!! I'm waking every hour can't feel my fingers and pain all the way up my forearm !! All I get off people is not long left and it will go away after birth but 5 weeks seems so long [emoji30][emoji30] has anyone else had this or have this what do you do for relief ? X
I'm probably being a dumb arse here but why do people get when they are pregnant? Never heard of that before and just wondered?! My husband has these symptoms (he's not pregnant!!:p) but he won't go to the doctor or anything and continues to work 15 hour days using his hands… why won't men get help?!

Haha I don't know why men won't get help I think they like to moan lol it happens when pregnant because of extra fluid / water and it's pressing on the nerves in the wrist or elbow sometimes and usually goes after the birth as the extra fluid goes away !!! Really can't wait to get feeling back in hands [emoji51][emoji51]

My parents have had Carpel Tunnel and they both had successful operations to treat it. It's one less health problem off the list!

Latest posts

Back