Case study to qualify for hair extensions

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
Hi,
I have recently completed a hair extension course with KM Extension training and I need to do a case study in order to qualify. I learned the LA weave and micro ring method and I am to go back and learn pre-bonded at a later date.
My problem is that I cant find anyone who will be my case study. It seems like people are all willing to help until I say a price.......Obviously I would not charge to earn anything for myself but I have been saying the price is around £150-£170 (which is the cost of the hair). Once people hear that they do not get back to me and I am finding it a bit frustrating. Its like they want it for free!! I regularly have an LA weave and this costs me £380 every time!! Id love someone to offer to me at the price of £150!!
Obviously I don't want to say the hair costs £150 as then I feel this would burden my business going forward. (Once I start charging full price, they will know how much I am charging for myself etc.) Plus we were told at the training course to double the price of the hair - this is what we should charge.
Does anyone have any advice on what I could do to get my case study?
Any help is appreciated.
Stacie x

I'd never get away with charging double the price of the hair for fitting! I charge £50-60

What supplier did they tell you to use? As its for a case study try hair planet, I use their 120gram 18" weft nearly every day x

So
I'd never get away with charging double the price of the hair for fitting! I charge £50-60

What supplier did they tell you to use? As its for a case study try hair planet, I use their 120gram 18" weft nearly every day x
Sorry I may of said that wrong....They said whatever the price of the hair (for example (£150) this is what I should charge for fitting. Okay is hair planet good value for money then?

Thanks for your help :)

£150 is a lot to charge just for the fitting, £60-£70 is more realistic. Shop around for different hair suppliers as above you can pick one up form the likes of Hair Planet, or i use Foxy, for a lot less than £150. Good luck x

Are the wefts dd or do they come a few inches longer for trimming?

How long do you usually get out of the wefts?

Yes Foxy's hair is double drawn, usually its around a inch to inch and a half extra longer, but i only find the extra hair for trimming necessary with single drawn hair as it tends to look stringy the last couple of inches. They sell two different hair wefts, their Indian hair which would be perfect for your case studies lasts a couple of re-fits, around 3 months.

I supply and for a 150g double drawn weft for £200 and I've been doing them for years now full time , I'm not stating my price is the best but the competition is hard now a days , I'd use hair planet to start good quality hair but double drawn but you could supply and fit for £85 your nit making anything but least you get your case study , as a beginner I'd be looking at earning £15 a hour on top of hair cost I'm £35 a hour with 6 years experience this price keeps me extremely busy x

That meant not double drawn

Okay I think I might shop around for some cheaper hair. Thanks for all your help :)

Sorry another question, are all the colour rings the same for different suppliers? Or will I have to order the colour rings for each supplier? To me it looks as though all the colours are the same on each site?

Thanks x

I have about 10 colour rings for each supplier. Shades may vary slightly per supplier x

Colour ring for each supplier I have 8 rings x

Okay. Thank you x

Latest posts

Back