Changing fashions

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tamimac

Stringfellows Geek
Reaction score
Has anyone else noticed a change in the shape being requested by clients? For a while there 9 out of 10 clients wanted square or squoval french tips. Now its down to about 4 out of ten. More and more people are wanting natural look oval tips or short round whites. Is this happening all over or is it just here?

tamimac said:
Has anyone else noticed a change in the shape being requested by clients? For a while there 9 out of 10 clients wanted square or squoval french tips. Now its down to about 4 out of ten. More and more people are wanting natural look oval tips or short round whites. Is this happening all over or is it just here?
nope happening here too.
my main ones are natural ovals with a dark polish over the top and thats most of my ladies.
i get the odd few wanting square white but that seems to be my young clientelle

weird you should mention this... the new client who rang me this morning asked if she had to have "square ends" as she eloquently put it lol.
maybe the magazines are showing a more natural shaped nail ????

Not that I've got any clients yet...... but from keepng my ear to the ground and loking at people, it seems all the young girls ant square french........ but I am imaginingit or are people actually having them a lot shorter than previously?

some of mine are having them oval. Did you see Sharon's on Eastenders the other nite? they were really nice.

Suzie.e said:
Not that I've got any clients yet...... but from keepng my ear to the ground and loking at people, it seems all the young girls ant square french........ but I am imaginingit or are people actually having them a lot shorter than previously?
Defo! And just like joanne says, oval, natural witha quite a dark polish. All my teens and youngsters are still having square whites but the rest are having natural look and a LOT less bling!!!

I am asked to do more natural.... and I love them. And now I just sculpted some stilletto nails on myself in boogie nights and I really like them a lot... just for a change and so people can see something a bit different. You get bored of pink and white square all the time. :biggrin:

I have definately noticed this too, not on my clients cos I AIN'T GOT NONE lol, but when I'm out and about. I reckon clients are a bit more clued up now and know that there are so many different options, also a lot of them aren't spending so much of thier time and money in the NSS salons

You know whats happening here don't ya....

It's a push away from the "acrylic fake nail big thick white tip" look..!! It's been a while coming, but with awareness of such things as quality professional nail techs and modern products and techniques. Such as a Custom Blended Manicure, this is the industry shift we're all waiting for.

Tell ya what ladies, this is what will set you ALL out from the NSS salons for the good! Onwards and Upwards everybody!

Envy said:
You know whats happening here don't ya....

It's a push away from the "acrylic fake nail big thick white tip" look..!! It's been a while coming, but with awareness of such things as quality professional nail techs and modern products and techniques. Such as a Custom Blended Manicure, this is the industry shift we're all waiting for.

Tell ya what ladies, this is what will set you ALL out from the NSS salons for the good! Onwards and Upwards everybody!
Yep, thats got to be it. Most of my clients say they hate the jordan/beckam nail thing and want extensions they can pass off as thier own.

I use custom blended manicures on all my clients, a good number of them have been asked
"How do you get your nails to grow like that, they look perfect"

.... says it all really, I get more clients from this than the bling bling french!

Latest posts

Back