cheap and pretty glitters

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crazysaz

Reaction score
hi there, i found these glitters via some old threads on ere. just wondering if any1 had tried them and what they thought. bargain prices and pretty colours!

be careful with 'cheap' glitters, someone (can't remember who it was) posted a thread recently saying that the coloured glitter bled into the rest of the nail enhancement.
your best bet would be to get proper professional nail glitters.

i know - it was me!! i think im gonna have to get the proper ones.

yes i used normal glitter mixed with cleap powder and bits do sneak their way into the rest of the enhancement xx

crazysaz said:
i know - it was me!! i think im gonna have to get the proper ones.
lol :o
i knew I'd seen a thread about it :D

hi
to be honest to get the clarity of colour and the finish you want without smudging or leaking of colour tje best thing to do is to use fine glitter that is specially for use in nail enhancemants.I not wanting to upset any of you at all...... but as nail professionals we should be endeavouring to enhance the wonderfully skilled work we do..... and using cheap everyday glitter that anyone could buy over the counter is not doing any justice to all the skilled work done to achieve the nail in the first place!!!

I got some little shapes for decorating nails...from a nail retailer...little hollow hearts and stars etc...and the darker coloured ones ran after i apllied just a normal topcoat...has anyone else had this problem with them. ?

I have tried a variety of glitters ~ good and bad ~ but would recommend Stampendeous Glitter, which is fab!
It is a fine glitter made for use by crafters in Stamping. I have only used pale colours but have had no colour run, it really sparkly and very affordable. I bought it from Ebay, if you want the sellers details PM me (I am not the seller)
The PeeWee Glitters from the Art Institute look lovely but I havent tried them yet.
I also have a sample of Nail Graphix which looks gorg - cant wait to give it a go.

HTH
KxXx

I'm using PeeWee glitters and glitters from my supplier. Haven't have any problems with PeeWee glitters and colours are really pretty and clients love them. ;)

bookie said:
I not wanting to upset any of you at all...... but as nail professionals we should be endeavouring to enhance the wonderfully skilled work we do..... and using cheap everyday glitter that anyone could buy over the counter is not doing any justice to all the skilled work done to achieve the nail in the first place!!!
Sorry but I dont agree at all!
With the exception of Nail Graphix, whose quality & colours are totally superb, I have found when buying other nail glitters that they are absolutely no different from fine art glitters!
Peewee/Art Inst. are excellent & do not bleed, the only glitters Ive had that bled are the chunky ones which dont look particularly good if using for a glitter 'French' anyway!
Also, like Angie, I bought some little 'nail shapes' from my local Capital to use in my nail art class, bled all over my students work making a right mess of it...I didnt look very professional then!

Hi there I bought some Spangles glitter dust I think it was called and I mixed it in with clear glitter until I was happy and applied it to a tip to test it out, looks fab. Although I have heard that nailgrafix is the best!!

I bought some nail shapes from someone off here they are ace. Dont bleed or anything I got some stars and flowers from jackieMC i think it was.

hi ive been using ez flow boogie nites, so easy and no mixing , alos had a play with a mates creative metros and they are lovely too! i had bought a set of the pee wee glitter but only used em a few times, the white is good for mixing into white powder. i aslo use em for nail art. have just ordered a few bits and bobs form youngs who have a good selection of artistic things.

the Spangles fine glitters are nice to use, I have got some NailGraphix glitter courtesy of Fiona which I intend on using as soon as I have time.
looking at the glitter in the pot it does look a lot finer than the spangles ones.

I love the colours on the rio set, they are fab.

Latest posts

Back