cheats white tips or p&w?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

emma m

Reaction score
i was just wondering how many of you out there use white tips and how many do all p&w for the french look?
the main reason that i ask is that i allways do p&w but some of my new clients that have had them done a few times before have said the nail technician before me always used white tips.
is the use of white tips just a quicker way of doing them?
also can anyone tell me if they are just has strong has natural tips and then p&w?

i hope the question that iam asking makes sense.

thanks in advanced for any help

I offer both to my customers. Some ladies prefer the 'brightness' of the white tips whilst others prefer the more natural look of pink & whites. I too have had customers who immediately asked for white tips as they were never offered an alternative before.

I don't regard white tips as a cheats tip :) (as it takes skill to pretaylor a white tip), as long as you can offer both services.

Lou

My view of white tips is this .....
if you can use white powder and create a great smile line, why would you want to invest in white tips?
If you can't do a decent smile line, then how are you going to maintain the French look as the nail grows??
The white powder I use is the same colour as the French tip so why bother?
By the time you have cut/filed and shaped them and stuck them on, I could have blended in a normal tip or applied my forms and got on with sculpting .. So they are no quicker.

For me, I really cannot see any reason for using them unless you can't handle white powder..

I used to use white tips for a few months when I first passed my foundation course as I found this easier at the time than trying to create a smile line. However discovered it was harder to try and re-balance them once they started growing out.

Have been using P&W for over a year now. Depending on what sort of look the client wants, I offer bright white, soft white or natural powders as alternative colours for them to have on the tips.

Karen

Couldn't you use MTW instead of white powder on natural tips to creat the smile line, or have i got that totally wrong??

Also, not sure of easy it is to fill in once the smile line has grown up, i presume you would rebalance as usual than apply MTW then cover with L&P???

Using white tips is definitely quicker, but I think don't think they look very natural and so prefer to use p&w. That said, it's worth keeping some white tips, just in case a client specifically asks for them.

i feel that white tips look funny when they are used, as, this is hard to explain, when you put the l&p over the nail, the tip looks like it's at a slight distance, as the light reflects off the buffed product, whereas with white product it gets all buffed along with the pink or clear product, and it is't covered over by the pink or white product. i hope this makes sence to at least on person, well at least i know what i mean!

anyway point is, i agree with gigi, it's gotta be white product all the way!

I learnt with white powder and didnt start using white tips untill 6 months ago. There not for everyone but alot of my clients do like them and when they need rebalancing i use my powder. I think as long as you can do Pink & White there's no harm in using them and i guess there must hae been a demand for them or the top companies wouldnt have made them.

Latest posts

Back