Chicken Pox

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beauty bits

Reaction score
So my little boy has them terrible! There's not anywhere that's not covered and some places the spots are so close that the blisters are turning into one big one. I've got calming spray and piriton but is there anything else anyone can recommend please x

Calamine Lotion. It's an old fashioned treatment but fantastic. Stops the itching, soothes the skin and helps to dry out the spots. X

Get some porridge oats and place them in some tights. Tie the rights to the tap and run the hot water through them whilst running a bath.
Let him just have a play in the bath and pour the water over his skin. The oats will sooth the skin.

Dead sea salts are very good also.

We found calamine lotion was too drying and tightened the skin too much as they were drying out altho before they crust it does help.

A lukewarm bath with with half a pot of bicarbonate of soda tipped in gives good relief for an hour or two, but you can repeat it harmlessly. It must be well known in my area; when mine had chickenpox when it was going round, someone told me that tip and when I went in tesco the bicarbonate of soda shelf was completely clear! I did get some elsewhere obv

Dead Sea salts are also very good in a bath. Home bargains sell. You can give the child a bath several times a day if it helps - the salts help to dry up the spots. Used it in both children and it worked really well.

We found Calamine too drying but you can get one with aqueous cream and this helps keep the skin supple whilst soothing the spots.

My youngest daughter hasn't had them yet and she is 7 !! I know it sounds terrible but I've put her in company with others who have had them and she just doesn't get them [emoji19]

I'm 23 and never had chicken pox until last year! It was the most horrible experience, I was also covered head to toe- I had them in my hair and in my mouth and all [emoji85]
I found calamine lotion made them itchier and the only thing that calmed them was the bath with oats and a cream called 'eurax'. I was able to put in on my scalp to calm them too!

Thank you for the replies, he's had a very long bath with some porridge oats and is a bit less itchy at the moment, they're everywhere, ears, hair, mouth even on his eye lids, his brother had them last week but not this bad. Hoping I don't catch them!

Thank you for the replies, he's had a very long bath with some porridge oats and is a bit less itchy at the moment, they're everywhere, ears, hair, mouth even on his eye lids, his brother had them last week but not this bad. Hoping I don't catch them!
Bless him hope they clear up soon for him x

Oh god, i had them twice as a kid. I have very sensitive skill and i found that calomine lotion dried my skin out, so my mum used oats, and also a chamomile tea bath!

The oats seemed to work really well and thankfully they are now all gone. Horrible illness x

My youngest daughter hasn't had them yet and she is 7 !! I know it sounds terrible but I've put her in company with others who have had them and she just doesn't get them [emoji19]

It's possible that she's had a very mild case without you even realising it?
Not everyone suffers badly although it can be life threatening in a (thankfully) rare number of cases. That's why Dr.'s warn parents against holding chicken pox parties.

I really don't know she may have and I hope she has my eldest had them quite young if she has she was very lucky [emoji6]

Latest posts

Back