Choosing products for a new salon

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

buttons

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I've just had the exciting new that my fello beauty therapist friend. Has finally found the ideal premises to set up her own beauty salon and she wants me to join her as a nail tech.
Speaking to her on the phone last night one of the main probs she is having is finding products for her natural nail care. (she is going for decleor for skin care)
She currently uses Jessica at her work but wishes to change. She was going to go for Essie polishes but didn't like the packaging (apparently looked cheap).
She was trained by in creative (nail enhancements) in a previous salon but didn't get a certificate.
She was going to go for creative but was put off by the cost of having to pay and do training when she's already used creative for a number of years. Are we correct in thinking that she will be unable to buy creative product with out the training? Don't even think they let her do the conversion.
I am going on an EZflow course next week, do they have natural nail care? - would be ideal if they did.
Or is there an excellent natural nail care company out there that anyone can recomend?
Sorry so many questions but really want to help her out, I'm prob just as excited as her. She already spent near 14,000 mark kitting out the beauty room and and still need to find somewhere to get nail station and reception desk - these are sooo expensive. So if anyone knows a reasonable place to get then form, will be much appreciated.
Also we looking for reasonably priced printing company for price lists and business cards.
So much much to think about and again sorry for going on. When she was on the phone, I thought I know where I can getv some help with this one.

ooh jus looked back - is a bit long. Oh well. Look forward to hearing your replies x x x x x x x x x

"I am going on an EZflow course next week, do they have natural nail care? - would be ideal if they did."

Yes EzFlow does have a Natural Nail Care Range. If you forward your postal address either by PM through this site or direct to [email protected] we will send you a brouchure and current price list.

Regards

Maria

Hi

If your Friend has a certificate in nails or her beauty level 3 and has been qualified for over a year she should be able to do the conversion course with creative if she rings up the academy and speaks to an adviser they can give her the best information. i use quite a few brands in my salon where enhancements are concerned but i mainly use Creative for my natural nail care. I have Solar range, spa range and scentsations.

buttons said:
Hello everyone,

I've just had the exciting new that my fello beauty therapist friend. Has finally found the ideal premises to set up her own beauty salon and she wants me to join her as a nail tech.
Speaking to her on the phone last night one of the main probs she is having is finding products for her natural nail care. (she is going for decleor for skin care)
She currently uses Jessica at her work but wishes to change. She was going to go for Essie polishes but didn't like the packaging (apparently looked cheap).
She was trained by in creative (nail enhancements) in a previous salon but didn't get a certificate.
She was going to go for creative but was put off by the cost of having to pay and do training when she's already used creative for a number of years. Are we correct in thinking that she will be unable to buy creative product with out the training? Don't even think they let her do the conversion.
I am going on an EZflow course next week, do they have natural nail care? - would be ideal if they did.
Or is there an excellent natural nail care company out there that anyone can recomend?
Sorry so many questions but really want to help her out, I'm prob just as excited as her. She already spent near 14,000 mark kitting out the beauty room and and still need to find somewhere to get nail station and reception desk - these are sooo expensive. So if anyone knows a reasonable place to get then form, will be much appreciated.
Also we looking for reasonably priced printing company for price lists and business cards.
So much much to think about and again sorry for going on. When she was on the phone, I thought I know where I can getv some help with this one.

ooh jus looked back - is a bit long. Oh well. Look forward to hearing your replies x x x x x x x x x
hi glad maria has helped re trainning. Depends what salon furniture you want, but salon supplies crewe have a reasonable range and are really helpful, if the have in stock will deliever the next day!

I have just emailed enquiries@californianails before I read this. I hope this ok ok. Thanks x

NAVIGATOR said:
"I am going on an EZflow course next week, do they have natural nail care? - would be ideal if they did."

Yes EzFlow does have a Natural Nail Care Range. If you forward your postal address either by PM through this site or direct to [email protected] we will send you a brouchure and current price list.

Regards

Maria

Do they have web site? Jus did a search and didn't come up with anything x

absolutly fab! said:
hi glad maria has helped re trainning. Depends what salon furniture you want, but salon supplies crewe have a reasonable range and are really helpful, if the have in stock will deliever the next day!

will have look in mag 4 u?
buttons said:
Do they have web site? Jus did a search and didn't come up with anything x

vistaprint.com are brilliant and really cheap for business cards , postcards and brochures, i think most of us use them

buttons said:
Hello everyone,

i have recently opened my own nail salon and education centre
i got my desks from Talon....check out www.talonnailtechnology.co.uk
they were quite expensive.... but i think totally worth it.....
and for my training area i got some cute little tables from Argos
http://www.argos.co.uk/webapp/wcs/s...d+workcentres&categoryId=21644&clickfrom=name
they are quite good and do have some nice storage space too and great for a set up starter desk

for the nat nail care products i can totally recommend ezflows cuticle care range.. cuticle love is one of my fave products and is fabbio for retail too oh and of course i love the spa elements manicure /pedicure system too .... but hey im prob bias...llol
hth... please keep us updated :)

Jess
xox

Sparklepink said:
i have recently opened my own nail salon and education centre
i got my desks from Talon....check out www.talonnailtechnology.co.uk
they were quite expensive.... but i think totally worth it.....
and for my training area i got some cute little tables from Argos
http://www.argos.co.uk/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?storeId=10001&langId=-1&catalogId=3151&productId=121724&Trail=C%24cip%3D21587.Furniture%3EC%24cip%3D21636.Bedroom%2Bfurniture%3EC%24cip%3D21644.Bedroom%2Bdesks%2Band%2Bworkcentres&categoryId=21644&clickfrom=name
they are quite good and do have some nice storage space too and great for a set up starter desk

for the nat nail care products i can totally recommend ezflows cuticle care range.. cuticle love is one of my fave products and is fabbio for retail too oh and of course i love the spa elements manicure /pedicure system too .... but hey im prob bias...llol
hth... please keep us updated :)

Jess
xox

Wow !!! Just looked at www.talonnailtechnology.co.uk they are amazing. How much are they as the price seems to be convieniently -(not a clue how you spell that ) left off the site ! x

Latest posts

Back