Christmas offers ideas please!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pic N Mix is a really good idea! Will def try it....

Sarah E

Some really good ideas on here - love the pick'n'mix concept. What an ingenious lot you are!

Yes, do be careful with running a raffle as it's considered gambling. Provided you adhere to certain rules you shouldn't need a licence:
Customer lottery

These can only be run by a business, at its own premises and for its own customers. No prize can be more than £50 in value. This type of lottery cannot make a profit, and so is unsuitable for fundraising.
If you run a business and would like to run a lottery by selling tickets to customers on your business premises you can do so without an operating licence from the Gambling Commission, unless your business is subject to a gambling premises licence. All of the proceeds (ticket sales) must be spent on prizes and expenses, there can be no profit.

There are lots of areas that could be quite grey I imagine. If the definition of a customer someone who has already traded with you that would limit who can actually buy the tickets and you wouldn't legally be allowed to sell to a prospective customer or someone just walking by. Why do they have to make things so complicated?

Anyway, more info on www.gamblingcommission.gov.uk

Good luck with that; it's a really good idea.

Hi,

I have just done a newsletter with my Christmas opening hours, and a bit of writing about getting prepared for the festive period, not us all neglecting spending enough time after all the shopping, food, lists etc to look after ourselves.

I have offfered from 1st November 2010 until 31st January 2011 10% off a clients normal treatment and any new treatment they book, 20% off.

This means, looking after your regular clients, which they really appreciate, and it gets them trying new treatments and hope that they continue to in the new year. Also, it means that I am busy for the January month which we all dred!

I hope that may give you some ideas

Carly x

Latest posts

Back